RS6 (C8) Tailgate locking help

SeanJohn

Reaction score
HI folks - new to the forum, just picked up my new 2021 RS6 last week (which I'm loving).

I have however hit an issue with the rear tailgate mechanism. It randomly jammed yesterday and would not open. Car was reporting tailgate was open even when it was fully shut and car would report tailgate unlocked when car fully locked. Finally managed to get it to open with a gentle push while pressing open - however now it wont shut at all - the mechanism just jamming when it goes to the close position and tailgate sits slightly ajar now. Picture attached of the mechanism position with car unlocked.

Any ideas on this one? Booked in for Wednesday to get looked at by Audi - but don't fancy the 45 minute drive with a tailgate flapping about! Great forum by the way - wish I'd found it sooner!

IMG 7497

Could be the striker plate needs position adjusting, so the hook is able to release properly, could be faulty lock or wiring in the hinges, as its newish, audi will fix

Reactions: SeanJohn
Quick update in case anyone hits this issue, it was a fault with the motor, not the latch. Audi assist came to the house, replaced it all and we’re good again. Top service!

Must be a known issue to carry one with them tbh.