RSQ3 RSQ3 Trade Time

No that's contract hire.
PCP ?? Is that just like renting them ???
No that's contract hire. PCP is an alternative purchase method that let's you leave your capital elsewhere instead of commiting to a depreciating asset. Like a rental property or stocks and shares.

No that's contract hire.

No that's contract hire. PCP is an alternative purchase method that let's you leave your capital elsewhere instead of commiting to a depreciating asset. Like a rental property or stocks and shares.

Do you ever own it ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting change. I had an A5 loaner (sportback) when I had an SQ5 - didnt miss the high driving position, in fact thought it rode and handled better considering it was a cooking model verus my SQ5. I dont mind the new interface, I use voice control a lot and actually find having to use the wheel in my Mini a bit annoying now, where voice control is poor (its older so maybe that is the reason).

If you want a mile muncher and to limit costs and losses in the short term, why not get a secondhand car? maybe a 2 or 3 year old 3.0 diesel, or perhaps even a 330d BMW?

or even better buy a second car. When I was doing shed loads of work miles my wife had the nice car and I drove a Volvo diesel - cost me 6.5ppm in depreciation over 3.5 years and 130k miles. You could pick up a bit of a shed for less than one years depreciation on new A5 and still keep the RSQ3. That's what I would do (and why I have the Mini referred to above - it does all the **** jobs so the RS4 can be saved for when I want to use it and keep mileage down...)

Last edited:
So you say you cant afford to run two vehicles but you can afford to crystallise the depreciation on new and nearly new cars by swapping after 6 months or so. Excuse me if I find that an odd statement ;)

RSQ3 depreciation - minimum £8k I would have thought so more than a grand a month.
BMW - think that was over a grand a month?
RS5 and S5 before that - did you escape with less than a grand a month?

I run an RS4 - and a 5 year old Mini. The Mini costs peanuts - £30 a year road fund, £250 insurance, miniscule servicing and repairs and of course it lowers the variable costs on the RS4 as miles in the Mini mean less in the RS4. I own it outright which helps but I reckon it costs me net (allowing for fact its more economical than the RS4) less than £200 a year plus depreciation. But as I have no intention of swapping it, that can largely be ignored.

You are going to buy an A5 diesel, lose another £6k plus over next 6 months and then start the journey again. You are probably paying well over £1k a month for your "habit" of swapping too often, if you could stick with something for a while (even by running a second car) you would reduce your overall costs....

The RSQ3 isnt costing you £600 a month by the way, that might be your finance payment but its going to be well over a grand a month if you choose to swap so often...
you do speak A LOT of sense, my M40i was £499 p/m, but when I added tax, insurance, petrol, running costs, and EXCLUDING depreciation (which would be a big chunk), it was about £790 p/m! Having sold (to fund kitchen reno), I am taking breath with just the Cooper S in the household (not a bad little car) until things settle down

Well, the final verdict!

After much back and forth -
I know this will be met with many mixed feelings (although it’s me buying and driving it :icon thumright:) I finally decided on the new A3 Saloon TDI 150; Edition 1; comfort & sound pack, pano roof, 2021 - 70 reg.

Now for the why?
I did deliberate a lot on this, and after getting rid of the RSQ3 to webuyanycar it left me with a clean slate. As mentioned before I wanted to stick with Audi as happy with the brand, features, functions etc and just need to change to a diesel for a while. I did consider a Mercedes 250e shortly but soon went back to Audi.

The A5 was going to cost £38k
An A4 Avant was going to be £34k
The A3 I’ve gone for is £30k

The A5 I ultimately ruled out on price combined with the lower engine power, heavy‘ish car, front wheel drive, and top end money for what the dealer is asking. When I put this into webuyanycar for an idea on current sale value it returned £32k so already £6k overpriced imo.

The A4 Avant was just too long imo, and whilst is ticked the boxes on power, Quattro and price I just didn’t look at it and think “wow, I love the look of that” I was left feeling that I wanted more..... matrix lights, comfort and sound, and other features the A4s were are all lacking. When I put this into webuyanycar for an idea on current sale value it returned £30k so priced about right for a dealer.

Ultimately the A3 gives me a high spec, smaller car to suit the lower powered engine, diesel for miles, and priced imo right for the car with better residuals at the moment. When I put this into webuyanycar for an idea on current sale value it returned £29k surprisinly!

I know it’s not to everyone’s taste. I did a 360 myself after ruling it out, but regardless it’s the final decision and now reserved for collection prior to month end.
congrats, enjoy...let's see if you last out the the year as you say ;-)

Do you ever own it ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technically it's yours as the V5 has you name on it, legally it belongs to the Finance company until all the payments and final balloon amount is settled.

The reality of a PCP is that it is close to a rental as your financial investment in in the asset (deposit and monthly payments) is, in practical real-world terms is mostly lost (see below) with the difference between the projected future value and the market value trade-in amount minus the final balloon payment being the deposit for the next vehicle at the end of the PCP term. Often it's not much and you'll have to put more cash in for the next car.

Losses - When you take out a PCP the agreement states a projected future value at the end of the agreement - in practical terms the nearer to the start of the agreement you choose to cancel the more you money you'll lose. The steepest rate of depreciation is in the 1st three years, it's ever more brutal the nearer you get to the handover date.

PCPs serve as a means to enable people to buy new cars on a regular basis who would not otherwise be able to afford the capital outlay. I stopped doing PCPs when it dawned on me that I'd like an asset, if I funded the car through a low cost bank loan with a view to 100% ownership then it decreased my wayward tendency to swap every few months (Firecracker isn't alone). When it came to choosing another car I'd have an asset of real value as a trade-in. Cars are not good investments so its just a case of making it work the best way I can.

Reactions: -Ju- and NevMan
im a old fashioned yorkshire man , if i can not buy it cash out right , I would wait until, i could, Ive 3 vans and 2 cars, And never done bank loans for 30 years.

Reactions: NevMan
im a old fashioned yorkshire man , if i can not buy it cash out right , I would wait until, i could, Ive 3 vans and 2 cars, And never done bank loans for 30 years.

Just imagine how much richer you could be if you speculated to accumulate (also almost a Yorkshire man - Dad brought up in Cudworth...)

Take your house. Assume its gone up in value? Imagine instead of putting your cash into vans and a car you had borrowed that money and put the cash into another house - or shares. More capital gains, passive income.

Money should make money. ;)

Just imagine how much richer you could be if you speculated to accumulate (also almost a Yorkshire man - Dad brought up in Cudworth...)

Take your house. Assume its gone up in value? Imagine instead of putting your cash into vans and a car you had borrowed that money and put the cash into another house - or shares. More capital gains, passive income.

Money should make money. ;)
I buy a house every 4 years on average , Yes money makes money , just dont really understand the modern way of car buying, I will stick to what I know, To old to change now.

All I can say, is “thank you world” for PCP!!!

If it wasn’t for pcp I would never have owned S and RS models, no way I could have afforded them! I know that’s the case for many friends as well, it’s made it an affordable way to get into nicer cars hence it being so popular.

That aside, and speaking of affordability lol....... my A3 arrived yesterday. Will upload some bits for those interested, firstly pics followed by the good and then the cheap and nasty!!

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Be good to see your new A3, PCP must be good for all who use it. I once bought a 2.8 Granada on HP (1978) As the salesman gave me a better deal , I drove from the garage to the office of the HP , And paid in full, The garage was not happy, Think it was around £1000,

Well - Here we go again! :icon thumright:

To no-ones surprise (those that know of me) its time to trade again. The A3 has been in ownership now for 5 months, which by my history is waaaaaaay too long to own a vehicle for!

I know this isn't the right thread for it really but I wanted to update on previous comments and observations of my ownership.

The Spec:
A3 Edition 1
White with black surrounds (privacy glass etc)
Pano Roof
Then everything expected on an edition 1 (Electric memory seats, heated seats, Matrix LED headlights, wireless charger and Android Auto, 12" displays etc etc)

The problems:
Like anything new, I understand there are issues but usually you expect these to be fixed.
Firstly the boot. It would take several attempts to close it, and when I say several I'm on about up to 6 times slamming it to get it to latch. Audi didn't know what to do, they said the newer models since this launch have different boot struts but didn't know how to go about fixing it. After a couple of weeks of them speaking to senior Audi technicians elsewhere I finally had this fixed, new struts and now working perfectly as it should. What was funny is they also told me they have had a load of these come in with this issue with no prior knowledge on how to fix! It amazes me, it really does....

Then the MMI. Rebooting, crashing, SOS errors, logged out, logging in and so forth. It has been through factory resets, I have spent hours onto the MMI team and ultimately found out - wait for it - there is NO FIX! When you get the right person they acknowledge there is no update or software fix available for this yet (its been a year since reported on other vehicles) and as such people are rejecting their cars. Whilst most of the time for me it works fine, I do find on long journeys my reboots up to 4 times per trip. A couple of weeks ago the SOS warning, so no use of phone or maps etc, then after left overnight locked its never come back.

Wing mirrors do not fold in properly on the drivers side. Audi said "this is a unique characteristic of the vehicle that this side doesn't close properly or fully and therefore not a fault". Now whilst this is true, all do the same on these A3's it was enough and still enough to annoy me.

Finally - Oil. The car had only covered 5k miles, I had to call out Audi assistance as the warning popped up for low oil and to stop. After a top up all been fine since, but it burnt oil like it shouldn't have. In addition, now on 8k miles I'm being prompted for an oil change. This isn't even a year old, in fact the car is only 8 months old from new so not impressed at all for a car that should be 20k miles or 2yrs before this is required.

The build:
Naturally this is no RSQ3 or my previous RS5. You can see the cheapness in comparison. This is not to say the A3 is cheap as such, others perhaps wouldn't notice, but it is cheap in comparison. Even those not having owned an RS would see the downgrades in materials now used. Simple things like looking into the boot and the holes in the back of the seats where there are no screw covers, various bits like this dotted around that appear unfinished. The interior of the main cabin whilst nice is just cheaper, plasticy, so whilst nice looking in most respects its just not the same Audi brand I'm used to (and this goes back to my pre RS days).

What now?:
The market has changed a lot. I lost £5k on my RSQ3 which is now worth £5k more had I have kept it and put all the miles I do on it - madness!! But that's the market today. I also know, this means whatever I buy now is likely to cost more..... but with that..... I'm currently thinking:

RS5 - 2021
Mercedes AMG CLA 45S - 2021

Two quite different cars I know.

I want to try and drive the RS5 first. I remember my 2019 RS5 had next to no throttle lag on it which I loved. My RSQ3 had a huge throttle lag on it (I know you had to drive around this but not ideal for a quick unplanned 'need to get going'). I don't know if this is a change in the Audi setup on newer cars, or just the engine of the RSQ3?

I don't know if anyone owns the new RS5 to advise? If so it would be really helpful!! :thumbs up:

I was saving for the new RS3, but with my current A3 MMI issues (and no fix after a year) and many unhappy people the new RS3 will suffer exactly the same!!! I know this will eventually be fixed, but for now its the RS5 or Merc CLA45S (yes the S version, not the normal) which I need to choose from.

The oil comment made me smile, so you don't pop the bonnet and check from time to time? Most engines consume oil as they bed in, every Audi I've owned in the last 20 years has, usually around the 20,000 mile mark it slows up.

Maybe an EV would be better bet for you - next to nothing to maintain?

The oil comment made me smile, so you don't pop the bonnet and check from time to time? Most engines consume oil as they bed in, every Audi I've owned in the last 20 years has, usually around the 20,000 mile mark it slows up.

Maybe an EV would be better bet for you - next to nothing to maintain?
I know what you’re saying, but 5k miles to use pretty much all the oil?
But no, I would never check the oil, personally I wouldn’t expect to on a new car.

Both the technician and the Audi dealership said this is not normal and should not have happened, even they said this not normal for a diesel regardless of age. I’ve been asked to keep an eye on this but currently no leaks so my local dealership said they have no idea why as it shouldn’t even burn an entire engine full of oil in that amount of time.

Well - Here we go again! :icon thumright:

To no-ones surprise (those that know of me) its time to trade again. The A3 has been in ownership now for 5 months, which by my history is waaaaaaay too long to own a vehicle for!

I know this isn't the right thread for it really but I wanted to update on previous comments and observations of my ownership.

The Spec:
A3 Edition 1
White with black surrounds (privacy glass etc)
Pano Roof
Then everything expected on an edition 1 (Electric memory seats, heated seats, Matrix LED headlights, wireless charger and Android Auto, 12" displays etc etc)

The problems:
Like anything new, I understand there are issues but usually you expect these to be fixed.
Firstly the boot. It would take several attempts to close it, and when I say several I'm on about up to 6 times slamming it to get it to latch. Audi didn't know what to do, they said the newer models since this launch have different boot struts but didn't know how to go about fixing it. After a couple of weeks of them speaking to senior Audi technicians elsewhere I finally had this fixed, new struts and now working perfectly as it should. What was funny is they also told me they have had a load of these come in with this issue with no prior knowledge on how to fix! It amazes me, it really does....

Then the MMI. Rebooting, crashing, SOS errors, logged out, logging in and so forth. It has been through factory resets, I have spent hours onto the MMI team and ultimately found out - wait for it - there is NO FIX! When you get the right person they acknowledge there is no update or software fix available for this yet (its been a year since reported on other vehicles) and as such people are rejecting their cars. Whilst most of the time for me it works fine, I do find on long journeys my reboots up to 4 times per trip. A couple of weeks ago the SOS warning, so no use of phone or maps etc, then after left overnight locked its never come back.

Wing mirrors do not fold in properly on the drivers side. Audi said "this is a unique characteristic of the vehicle that this side doesn't close properly or fully and therefore not a fault". Now whilst this is true, all do the same on these A3's it was enough and still enough to annoy me.

Finally - Oil. The car had only covered 5k miles, I had to call out Audi assistance as the warning popped up for low oil and to stop. After a top up all been fine since, but it burnt oil like it shouldn't have. In addition, now on 8k miles I'm being prompted for an oil change. This isn't even a year old, in fact the car is only 8 months old from new so not impressed at all for a car that should be 20k miles or 2yrs before this is required.

The build:
Naturally this is no RSQ3 or my previous RS5. You can see the cheapness in comparison. This is not to say the A3 is cheap as such, others perhaps wouldn't notice, but it is cheap in comparison. Even those not having owned an RS would see the downgrades in materials now used. Simple things like looking into the boot and the holes in the back of the seats where there are no screw covers, various bits like this dotted around that appear unfinished. The interior of the main cabin whilst nice is just cheaper, plasticy, so whilst nice looking in most respects its just not the same Audi brand I'm used to (and this goes back to my pre RS days).

What now?:
The market has changed a lot. I lost £5k on my RSQ3 which is now worth £5k more had I have kept it and put all the miles I do on it - madness!! But that's the market today. I also know, this means whatever I buy now is likely to cost more..... but with that..... I'm currently thinking:

RS5 - 2021
Mercedes AMG CLA 45S - 2021

Two quite different cars I know.

I want to try and drive the RS5 first. I remember my 2019 RS5 had next to no throttle lag on it which I loved. My RSQ3 had a huge throttle lag on it (I know you had to drive around this but not ideal for a quick unplanned 'need to get going'). I don't know if this is a change in the Audi setup on newer cars, or just the engine of the RSQ3?

I don't know if anyone owns the new RS5 to advise? If so it would be really helpful!! :thumbs up:

I was saving for the new RS3, but with my current A3 MMI issues (and no fix after a year) and many unhappy people the new RS3 will suffer exactly the same!!! I know this will eventually be fixed, but for now its the RS5 or Merc CLA45S (yes the S version, not the normal) which I need to choose from.

Well you didnt make the new year then....

To decide what to get next you should probably decide what you want from it. Is it just a change and something fun, in which case buy a Fiesta ST or similar and engine the drive and lose a lot less....

To put some perspective on it, I reckon a nearly new RS5 will cost you £70k plus in the current market. With a residual of £35k, that means you are going to be funding £36k ish in depreciation over 48 months plus interest.....I reckon that is going to be over £900 a month full cost, maybe nearer £1k. So if you put in a £4k deposit its still likely to be in the region of £900 a month....maybe £875.

A CLA45S (I think there is only the S in the latest version) might be £10k cheaper but the residuals will be lower so the monthlies wont be that different.

You can get a lot of car for half that.....

Yeah, I've had Audi's especially 2.0TDIs that liked oil, the RS is coming up to 10k miles and a year old and I've topped the oil up twice, most of the provided 1 Litre of oil is gone - feels about right.

I must admit that if I was to change cars now I'd be looking at an EV, inquired after an E-Tron GT in the mid £90k area, brutal depreciation, losing 60% of its purchase price in 3 years...interesting I thought. Perhaps Audi Finance are figuring that the technology will be rapidly outdated and 2021 cars won't be worth much in 3 years time.

The same 800v tech is in the Kia EV6 at half the money and its a gorgeous thing too for around £50k and the EV6 GT next year with bonkers performance.

Well you didnt make the new year then....

To decide what to get next you should probably decide what you want from it. Is it just a change and something fun, in which case buy a Fiesta ST or similar and engine the drive and lose a lot less....

To put some perspective on it, I reckon a nearly new RS5 will cost you £70k plus in the current market. With a residual of £35k, that means you are going to be funding £36k ish in depreciation over 48 months plus interest.....I reckon that is going to be over £900 a month full cost, maybe nearer £1k. So if you put in a £4k deposit its still likely to be in the region of £900 a month....maybe £875.

A CLA45S (I think there is only the S in the latest version) might be £10k cheaper but the residuals will be lower so the monthlies wont be that different.

You can get a lot of car for half that.....

Hahaha…. I tried!!

In all fairness the mpg for my work travels has been amazing, 70mph and I’m seeing 74mpg! My overall average including smaller runs on a tank is late 60mpg….
The annoy bits planted the ‘time to change seed’ and the reboots are soooooo annoying it’s gotta go!

I do miss the performance and it’s boredom again so time to change. Did toy with the idea of an M340d saloon, then thought it might bore me and imo they don’t look 50k worth, so started looking at ones that look like they warrant the money, CLA45S and RS5.

I was saving for the new RS3 so currently all in I have 20k deposit. The RS5 is 70k, so pcp will be approx £600 per month.
Looking again I remember how good the RS5 looks, you do get a lot of car, but I admit right now in this market they are asking top money! As such I’m massively conscious of future loss……

Yeah, I've had Audi's especially 2.0TDIs that liked oil, the RS is coming up to 10k miles and a year old and I've topped the oil up twice, most of the provided 1 Litre of oil is gone - feels about right.

I must admit that if I was to change cars now I'd be looking at an EV, inquired after an E-Tron GT in the mid £90k area, brutal depreciation, losing 60% of its purchase price in 3 years...interesting I thought. Perhaps Audi Finance are figuring that the technology will be rapidly outdated and 2021 cars won't be worth much in 3 years time.

The same 800v tech is in the Kia EV6 at half the money and its a gorgeous thing too for around £50k and the EV6 GT next year with bonkers performance.
Personally I think we are way off electric as a Country. Wife’s sister has a Tesla model 3 and refuses any long journeys in it after her experience a few weeks ago and nearly breaking down. Chargers not working all over, stopped at 4 stations and couldn’t charge, other than work journeys she now refuses to use it otherwise as doesn’t trust the infrastructure.

Again, personal thing, but can’t beat the sound of a good petrol sound!! The RSQ3 did sound and purr beautifully!

Hahaha…. I tried!!

In all fairness the mpg for my work travels has been amazing, 70mph and I’m seeing 74mpg! My overall average including smaller runs on a tank is late 60mpg….
The annoy bits planted the ‘time to change seed’ and the reboots are soooooo annoying it’s gotta go!

I do miss the performance and it’s boredom again so time to change. Did toy with the idea of an M340d saloon, then thought it might bore me and imo they don’t look 50k worth, so started looking at ones that look like they warrant the money, CLA45S and RS5.

I was saving for the new RS3 so currently all in I have 20k deposit. The RS5 is 70k, so pcp will be approx £600 per month.
Looking again I remember how good the RS5 looks, you do get a lot of car, but I admit right now in this market they are asking top money! As such I’m massively conscious of future loss……
Perfect, £20k and a small bank loan will get you in a Fiesta ST with performance pack, or the Puma equivalent if you fancy more of a SUV. You can even get another in Kermit Green.

You'll lose less when you get bored and probably enjoy them just as much for 4 months. To be fair with the way you change I would be doing one of these subscription policies that the likes of Volvo and JLR do - you can swap when you fancy....

But of the two listed, I'd be in the Merc, you have had an RS5, the new one isnt much different. Maybe a GLA45S as a direct alternative to RSQ3....

Perfect, £20k and a small bank loan will get you in a Fiesta ST with performance pack, or the Puma equivalent if you fancy more of a SUV. You can even get another in Kermit Green.

You'll lose less when you get bored and probably enjoy them just as much for 4 months. To be fair with the way you change I would be doing one of these subscription policies that the likes of Volvo and JLR do - you can swap when you fancy....

But of the two listed, I'd be in the Merc, you have had an RS5, the new one isnt much different. Maybe a GLA45S as a direct alternative to RSQ3....

AMG GLC 45s pulled out of car park last night. Did look and sound very good tbf

AMG GLC 45s pulled out of car park last night. Did look and sound very good tbf
GLC 43 or GLA 45? Son in law had a GLC 43 and now has a C43, bit firm and noisy for me these days..... I suspect a GLA 45 would be the same, although it does get favourable write ups....

GLC 43 or GLA 45? Son in law had a GLC 43 and now has a C43, bit firm and noisy for me these days..... I suspect a GLA 45 would be the same, although it does get favourable write ups....

Sorry, the 43…it was head turning noisy

I had a amg GLA 45 17 plate for 12 weeks , lost £3K on that, (I think??) lol, Not for me , As im not small, Or young,

I had a amg GLA 45 17 plate for 12 weeks , lost £3K on that, (I think??) lol, Not for me , As im not small, Or young,
Funnily enough neither am i! New one is touted as much more of a sporty SUV, and slated as a straight rival for RSQ3....

Still not sure they are worth £60k plus at current market prices!

Just read the Autocar review of it: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/mercedes-amg/gla-45

One might be underwhelmed by the interior trim quality - comments like a '£30k car interior in a £60k car'. That said the Merc S Class loaner I had in August was impressive from an interior tech point of view and truth be told I thought that the dash display system was superior to Audi MMI both in looks and features and so easy to use - also liked the touch sensitive pads on the steering wheel too.

The AMG A45 S engine is impressive, sounds like a rev-monkey car with peak torque appear in just a 250rpm rev range up at 5250. Interestingly the F3 RSQ3 engine and that Merc are closely matched - fed with 98 RON fuel the 400PS RSQ3 engine makes 420PS and 500Nm (369 ft-lb). Though max torque appears at 1950rpm and stays that way to something like 5500rpm - would be a case of more grunt on tap without having to spin the engine hard...but you have had an RSQ3 so that box is ticked!

Just read the Autocar review of it: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/mercedes-amg/gla-45

One might be underwhelmed by the interior trim quality - comments like a '£30k car interior in a £60k car'. That said the Merc S Class loaner I had in August was impressive from an interior tech point of view and truth be told I thought that the dash display system was superior to Audi MMI both in looks and features and so easy to use - also liked the touch sensitive pads on the steering wheel too.

The AMG A45 S engine is impressive, sounds like a rev-monkey car with peak torque appear in just a 250rpm rev range up at 5250. Interestingly the F3 RSQ3 engine and that Merc are closely matched - fed with 98 RON fuel the 400PS RSQ3 engine makes 420PS and 500Nm (369 ft-lb). Though max torque appears at 1950rpm and stays that way to something like 5500rpm - would be a case of more grunt on tap without having to spin the engine hard...but you have had an RSQ3 so that box is ticked!
They do also close by saying this.....
Regardless of all this, there is currently no small SUV that can hold a candle to the GLA 45's dynamic repertoire, outright pace and (crucially) fun factor.

So maybe its a decent buy after all. I mean, if you want low down grunt, buy a diesel...

Firecracker69..you'll just have to have one!

Hey mate,
No matter how many times I read this I can’t figure out if this is serious or not!?
Just any Ford full stop (for me) is a massive no no…… I’d feel an old man in a chav racer car :notworking:

Personally, after owning an SUV I wouldn’t go back (unless an updated RSQ3 lured me in!). I’m just more of a saloon person, always have been. Even if I ended up one day with the new RS3 (once issues fixed & more readily available in a year or so) I’d always opt for the saloon over a hatch any day.

I agree, I’ve had an RS5 but everytime I look at them I just want one! Yes I know - until I get one and then start thinking about ‘what’s next’ but I’d be the same in any car. I’ve ruled out the Merc, comments in general (even the RS5 forum) just say don’t do it and with not much else taking my fancy I’ve paid a deposit. I did however bump into an old friend yesterday who wants me to visit him on Sat and discuss the Porsche Taycan, I’m going to see him but don’t feel the car is for me……. So come next week I should be picking up the RS5 to see me through Xmas. It’s a 2021, white (yes same old colour AGAIN, I’m a creature of habit, and it’s the carbon black edition with C&S) :icon thumright:

I know it wouldn’t be everyone’s choice but for now it’s the one jumping out at me :thumbs up:

Reactions: alanyork and NevMan
Hey mate,
No matter how many times I read this I can’t figure out if this is serious or not!?
Just any Ford full stop (for me) is a massive no no…… I’d feel an old man in a chav racer car :notworking:

Personally, after owning an SUV I wouldn’t go back (unless an updated RSQ3 lured me in!). I’m just more of a saloon person, always have been. Even if I ended up one day with the new RS3 (once issues fixed & more readily available in a year or so) I’d always opt for the saloon over a hatch any day.

I agree, I’ve had an RS5 but everytime I look at them I just want one! Yes I know - until I get one and then start thinking about ‘what’s next’ but I’d be the same in any car. I’ve ruled out the Merc, comments in general (even the RS5 forum) just say don’t do it and with not much else taking my fancy I’ve paid a deposit. I did however bump into an old friend yesterday who wants me to visit him on Sat and discuss the Porsche Taycan, I’m going to see him but don’t feel the car is for me……. So come next week I should be picking up the RS5 to see me through Xmas. It’s a 2021, white (yes same old colour AGAIN, I’m a creature of habit, and it’s the carbon black edition with C&S) :icon thumright:

I know it wouldn’t be everyone’s choice but for now it’s the one jumping out at me :thumbs up:

Mate, you don’t mess about!
On the Taycan front, probably worth a visit, probably one of the few electric cars I would go for.

****** hell, so you are chucking a wedge at a car you had before that you might only keep 5 months, you must have an understanding other half!

I mean I fully understand the desire for a white, carbon black edition RS, you just need the proper one with an estate back ;)

Ford comment - they make really good cars, generally, if you can look past the badge. And given you only keep them whilst they are fun I reconed a fun hot hatch with a manual box might keep you entertained a bit longer.....

I'm not a fan of the Taycan, and you will struggle to get one in next 12 months if you want new.

Reactions: NevMan and firecracker69
Mate, you don’t mess about!
On the Taycan front, probably worth a visit, probably one of the few electric cars I would go for.
Nar, I make a decision and once decided just do it! That way I can’t change my mind lol.

I don’t honestly want electric, there will be plenty of time for that, make the most of petrol for now! :wink:

****** hell, so you are chucking a wedge at a car you had before that you might only keep 5 months, you must have an understanding other half!

I mean I fully understand the desire for a white, carbon black edition RS, you just need the proper one with an estate back ;)

Ford comment - they make really good cars, generally, if you can look past the badge. And given you only keep them whilst they are fun I reconed a fun hot hatch with a manual box might keep you entertained a bit longer.....

I'm not a fan of the Taycan, and you will struggle to get one in next 12 months if you want new.
Nope…. she doesn’t know! :icon thumright:
The first time she will notice is Wednesday when it’s sat on the drive. It’s always better to explain after than before because by then it’s too late to change anything, that’s how I did the others!

I understand the Ford thing, but personally really not for me. I think I’ve been with Audi too long to change to anything I believe to be a lesser car, same as Vauxhall, not a chance! No offence to either owners!!

20211013 094342
20211013 094420

Reactions: cosmicblue, NevMan, Mr Freeze and 2 others
Haha, very true!

I have to say mate, that looks amazing! Love your red calipers as well...... sadly mine are black.
My list of colours was more what I wouldnt have - no black, no grey, no green, no white..... then I saw it and it had to be white!

And the sportback is the best looking variant of all, so dont worry about the red calipers, I'm jealous of your frameless windows!

Will upload more once I’ve cleaned it my way! The dealership clean is rather basic let’s say…. Who else expects food remains within the rear armrest when spending £70k!? :sadlike:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Mr Freeze