RSQ3 RSQ3 Trade Time

My list of colours was more what I wouldnt have - no black, no grey, no green, no white..... then I saw it and it had to be white!

And the sportback is the best looking variant of all, so dont worry about the red calipers, I'm jealous of your frameless windows!
Funny isn’t it…… my first choice is ALWAYS white, yet I love the reds and greys also. For me it’s the contrast between black and white, obviously stands out more and when spending as much as we do I want it to stand out!

Swap you frameless for red calipers lol……. Can’t see it when the doors shut inside or outside anyway :congratulatory:

RS looks fabulous! I have a notion you are in the Midlands? On the brake caliper painting topic Reflections Detailing over in Cradley Heath do it - and properly too, remove the calipers, pressure blast back to bare metal, prime and repaint complete with decals...looks OEM:

Before:
20201023 073809

After:
20201201 171257

Rears too:
20201201 223853

Reactions: firecracker69 and NevMan
Funny isn’t it…… my first choice is ALWAYS white, yet I love the reds and greys also. For me it’s the contrast between black and white, obviously stands out more and when spending as much as we do I want it to stand out!

Swap you frameless for red calipers lol……. Can’t see it when the doors shut inside or outside anyway :congratulatory:

Whereas I bought white in part because it looks fab but for anyone not in the know it could be any photocopier salesman trundling up and down the motorway in his standard A4....

cosmicblue has solved your brake caliper issue. Not sure he can help me with my frameless windows, but i can live without.

Enjoy the car!

RS looks fabulous! I have a notion you are in the Midlands? On the brake caliper painting topic Reflections Detailing over in Cradley Heath do it - and properly too, remove the calipers, pressure blast back to bare metal, prime and repaint complete with decals...looks OEM:

Before:
View attachment 244505
After:
View attachment 244506

Rears too:
View attachment 244507
Loving the calipers!! They look like they are straight from Audi…..
How much, roughly?

No, I’m near to Reading although I work all over….. as far as Newcastle, as low as London and everything between lol. A lot of my time is around Manchester, Sheffield, B’ham though.

Reactions: NevMan
From memory, £500 (its a fair bit of work to do properly as you would expect) and you can have any colour you want too - the OEM Audi red colour is RAL3000 apparently. Planning wise - Cradley Heath railway station is a 6 or 7 minute walk away - I dropped my RS off 0830 on a Monday morning, got the train home and went back the following evening to pick it up.

@firecracker69 i know Nick @ Detailmycar in Newbury does calliper painting, Had loads of work done and would highly recommend.

Well, it's been 3 weeks now so onto the next! Sold the RS5 last week so onto another..... this time I've decided to go BMW. As much as I love the Audi brand I thought after my last experience with BMW I would give it a go again.

As always, wont be long and no doubt I will change again in the not too distant future. Perhaps the new RS3 once initial launch models are done and out and about. Hoping they update the configurator and give the UK more options but we shall see.

Just as well I didn't rush to do my calipers @cosmicblue. Thanks for the heads up though, good to know for the future if I ever keep one long enough!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
Well, it's been 3 weeks now so onto the next! Sold the RS5 last week so onto another..... this time I've decided to go BMW. As much as I love the Audi brand I thought after my last experience with BMW I would give it a go again.

As always, wont be long and no doubt I will change again in the not too distant future. Perhaps the new RS3 once initial launch models are done and out and about. Hoping they update the configurator and give the UK more options but we shall see.

Just as well I didn't rush to do my calipers @cosmicblue. Thanks for the heads up though, good to know for the future if I ever keep one long enough!

Wow, you are some serial car changer. Assume you got a offer you couldn’t refuse for RS5…hope so

Reactions: Mr Freeze

3 weeks, madness! did you not like the RS5 then? You wont actually have made a payment for it before you got rid.....

So what sort of BMW this time as didnt you really dislike the last one you had....?

Wow, you are some serial car changer. Assume you got a offer you couldn’t refuse for RS5…hope so
Yea, get bored easily, basically tick a box and onto the next.

This one I didn't actually lose anything no. Took it to webuyanycar and got all my money back so can't complain! First time I've been able to say that on a car (actually the A3 I had didn't lose either).

3 weeks, madness! did you not like the RS5 then? You wont actually have made a payment for it before you got rid.....

So what sort of BMW this time as didnt you really dislike the last one you had....?
Yea I loved it to be honest, cracking car, but I didn't want to lose money on it. I saw it start to drop so jumped on it immediately!

Correct, the last BMW had a knocking noise they acknowledged then couldn't fix so said it was normal!? Then electrical issues like the MMI. In fact the A3 was worst for MMI issues and that was saying something.

The RS5 however, like the RSQ3, had perfect MMI and no faults. It really does seem to be hitting the A3 for some reason?

Yea I loved it to be honest, cracking car, but I didn't want to lose money on it. I saw it start to drop so jumped on it immediately!

Correct, the last BMW had a knocking noise they acknowledged then couldn't fix so said it was normal!? Then electrical issues like the MMI. In fact the A3 was worst for MMI issues and that was saying something.

The RS5 however, like the RSQ3, had perfect MMI and no faults. It really does seem to be hitting the A3 for some reason?
Yep, not losing money on cars is a rarity. You have of course just moved the loss to the next one if you are buying something else but dont think about that too much!

So what sort of BMW then...?

Yep, not losing money on cars is a rarity. You have of course just moved the loss to the next one if you are buying something else but dont think about that too much!

So what sort of BMW then...?
Very true, and I know that. They are a money pit I know and I wish I could stick to one but I can't.

In all honesty, petrol was never a good idea for me and my travels. The A3 although diesel had to go as it was doing my head in, MMI crashing during meetings multiple times in the car was a nightmare for work! Let alone the frustration with it in general. I couldn't do a single journey in the end without it crashing and rebooting. The RS5 was a quick fix, bit of fun and I bought it knowing webuyanycar were offering more at the time. As soon as that changed I knew it would go and it has.

So, back to diesel for me. However, I love my tech and performance and prefer 4 wheel drive.

So this time it's the M340D. It's the carbon black pack version with comfort and sound, tech pack advanced so nicely loaded.

Very true, and I know that. They are a money pit I know and I wish I could stick to one but I can't.

In all honesty, petrol was never a good idea for me and my travels. The A3 although diesel had to go as it was doing my head in, MMI crashing during meetings multiple times in the car was a nightmare for work! Let alone the frustration with it in general. I couldn't do a single journey in the end without it crashing and rebooting. The RS5 was a quick fix, bit of fun and I bought it knowing webuyanycar were offering more at the time. As soon as that changed I knew it would go and it has.

So, back to diesel for me. However, I love my tech and performance and prefer 4 wheel drive.

So this time it's the M340D. It's the carbon black pack version with comfort and sound, tech pack advanced so nicely loaded.

The M340d is a lovely car (especially as an estate). Son in Law had an M340i when I bought the RS and I have to say it was probably the perfect car for me, or even the 340d estate, but by the time I had specced what I wanted then the monthlies were not far off the RS because the residuals were pretty rubbish. And to be honest if I have a diesel 3 series I want it to say D3S on the back (but I cant make the numbers work for that!).

That wasnt a fault of the M340d and more a fault of my "needs".....

The MY 2021 RSQ3 with the latest (2x USB C ports in the front centre console) seems to have a tendency to crash - Audi are promising a fix by the end of November...:whistle2: so you were not alone with the A3.

The M340d is a lovely car (especially as an estate). Son in Law had an M340i when I bought the RS and I have to say it was probably the perfect car for me, or even the 340d estate, but by the time I had specced what I wanted then the monthlies were not far off the RS because the residuals were pretty rubbish. And to be honest if I have a diesel 3 series I want it to say D3S on the back (but I cant make the numbers work for that!).

That wasnt a fault of the M340d and more a fault of my "needs".....
I've gone for the saloon. I did consider the estate, but due to the packs and chip shortage I went for the one I could get most kit on. One day I will do an estate though, but it will be an Audi as prefer the look of them.

Agree on the residuals! It's the only part of the purchase that concerns me actually so I have to try (as I always say) to keep this one.
I'm hoping as you mentioned yourself, that for me also it's the perfect car to tick all the boxes in terms of performance and spec but return good fuel economy.

Why D3S?

Not going to upload a load of pictures, we know what they look like lol.

Another white one for me!

Also RED calipers! :yahoo::yahoo:

Screenshot 20211118 075800 Gallery

The MY 2021 RSQ3 with the latest (2x USB C ports in the front centre console) seems to have a tendency to crash - Audi are promising a fix by the end of November...:whistle2: so you were not alone with the A3.
Honestly mate, I wouldn't hold out for it.
Audi first try and say there isn't a problem, then admit it requires a further update which within the last year still hasn't been addressed and probably not around the corner either.
I made an official complaint against MMI services as they couldn't fix, wasted hours of my time and then locked me out but couldn't resolve. That was the final straw.

I started to go down the 'rejection' route with help of a youtuber who is helping a load of people. As I got a great trade in (prob due to the spec) I didn't need to continue. There is so much online, 3 dealers I spoke to also admitted that I wasn't alone and said rejection was the best route as no fix currently. Its really poor! I'm not saying any other manufacturer is different, but it's the way it's handled, or not as the case may be.

I've gone for the saloon. I did consider the estate, but due to the packs and chip shortage I went for the one I could get most kit on. One day I will do an estate though, but it will be an Audi as prefer the look of them.

Agree on the residuals! It's the only part of the purchase that concerns me actually so I have to try (as I always say) to keep this one.
I'm hoping as you mentioned yourself, that for me also it's the perfect car to tick all the boxes in terms of performance and spec but return good fuel economy.

Why D3S?

Alpina edition

Not going to upload a load of pictures, we know what they look like lol.

Another white one for me!

Also RED calipers! :yahoo::yahoo:

View attachment 246198
Looks stunning, but I would say that based on colours and red calipers!

Think my daughter is likely to go X3 M40d or X4 M40d next if they can get hold of one at a sensible price....

Why D3S?
I've always wanted an Alpina since I saw the first one in Sytner Nottingham back in the day when it was a 2 garage operation and he as sole UK importer for Alpina. I had an E30 318iS then.

They are ludicrously expensive and the only way I could vaguely make the numbers work is to do diesel rather than the B3 which has a detuned / differently tuned M3 engine in it. I did nearly jump 6 weeks ago but even getting out of the RS4 for what I paid virtually, and chucking a bit more cash in to the deposit, I couldnt get my head around the numbers - or the 7 month wait (and the RS4 would have to go now to guarantee the value to make it viable and 7 months in a Mini wasnt too appealing...)

Of course if you like fast diesel estates you could look at the S4 as that is TDi now. Its probably all the car I need really....