Rubber bung in roof

Steve_N

Derv Power
Reaction score
Hi fella's, I normally hang in the A4B6 section, but my mate has a 2006 A3.
He has some sort of rubber bung in the roof at the very front, he thinks this may be leaking as when it rains and the car is stationary he has water dripping in through the interior light.
Is there something missing as i know on my A4 the aerials are built in to the rear windows, not sure if its the same with the A3 or should there be an aerial.
Cheers in advance for your help.

no the aerial is either a shark fin or intergrated into the rear window elements. It was probably an ex company car and has an external gps aerial attatched somewhere . or something along the lines of that. Really he should seal the bung or get it welded shut filled and sprayed

I think it was an ex company car, he has been out and bought some sealent but i think it may need sealing professionally.

ive seen them before on cars in work why would you want to cut a f*$ing hole in the roof i dont get some companys on times lol , yeah as russo sai if it keeps on leaking get it welded painted etc.. otherwise it'll just keep on leaking and prob eventually lead to something more serious like blown electrics or rust even

As mentioned probably aerial or lights I'd imagine.