Rubber jack pads

Came very close, Spock to ECS and PSI tuning. Both reassured there would be no issues, but there was still a nagging doubt that these lifting points ( where the bungs fit) are designed to be lifted on all 4 points at once, hence sharing the weight/load.

There were some cases, particularly TT where lifting with a trolley jack on one point bent the floor pan.

I didn't want to risk it, so bailed out the idea.

Came very close, Spock to ECS and PSI tuning. Both reassured there would be no issues, but there was still a nagging doubt that these lifting points ( where the bungs fit) are designed to be lifted on all 4 points at once, hence sharing the weight/load.

There were some cases, particularly TT where lifting with a trolley jack on one point bent the floor pan.

I didn't want to risk it, so bailed out the idea.

But you've seen what I do, Paul (Hi by the way...) with home made timber pads (see post #22 and #31) that fit into the 'lifting apertures' of the RS3 - used 'em on your RS3 and numerous others without problem for the last 4.1/2 years. And, I use similar, but not the same as the 'lifting apertures' are different, under our TT - and I'll be using 'em later today when swapping over from winter to summer wheels and tyres, it's that time of year, Spring is in the air and all that... :yes:

Hi John.

Yes the simplest thing , is often the best, and I was happy with the car up on your wooden blocks.

Just a shame there is still doubt over the strength of the 4 post lifting points, despite the Video in Tcardio's link, as the RS3 already has all the rubber bungs in place.

Reactions: 45bvtc and monkeyboy_marcus
I'm using similar.

On the 8p you don't lift on the seam edge but either side so need the deep one to ensure clearance.

On the newer 8v you lift on the reinforced seam edge so need the shallow one.

Ive also made up a lifting block like Johns wooden one, but in Ally , with a rubber top, but haven't had need to use it yet, as my lifting area is not totally flat.

Reactions: 45bvtc
6-years on and still using the same on mine and others, Paul:

Upload 2017 8 26 11 22 4

RS3 at the front, TT to the left, and A1 to the right; no worries...

Timber!!! :superman:

Reactions: Paul-RS6
I'm using similar.

On the 8p you don't lift on the seam edge but either side so need the deep one to ensure clearance.

On the newer 8v you lift on the reinforced seam edge so need the shallow one.

Ive also made up a lifting block like Johns wooden one, but in Ally , with a rubber top, but haven't had need to use it yet, as my lifting area is not totally flat.

Ok this must be the one for the 8V then

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-S...weld-rubber-pad-trolley-jacking-/282648541151

See this ****** Samsung galaxy 8. It sends ****** posts that you don't want, corrects spelling even on words spelled correctly and because the sides are part of the screen you do loads of stuff you never intended without even knowing about it. Apologies for the above post and I'm going back to an i-phone

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk