Rubbish wheel supplier!

Jaywoo_A3

Reaction score
After going to Dubfreeze 2 weeks ago i decided to buy some polished face RS4 wheels off MWS (Midland Wheel Supplies) which i had spoke to at the show, first of all they told me that my genuine Auid centre caps "should" fit (should being the key word) so i ordered them over the phone on the wednesday of the same week,
Then the problems started first of all the got my card number wrong, then then they arrived a whole week later with VW centre caps which i didnt mind until i found my Genuine RS4 were 5mm to small so left a horrible gap,
But then to round this up, i thought what the hell i will put them on anyway so took them to my local tyre shop where the pointed out 1 wheel was not polished the same as the others and that there was dust in the laquer of the wheels, so i took the decision not to fit them.

The only good thing that came out of this is my friend was looking for some cheap wheels for his VW golf so he brought them of me for £20 less than i paid, so it at least save me the postage back to MWS and the handling charge (which i found out after a very rude phone conversation with them)

The motto of the story is be very wary of some replica alloy wheels.
If they look cheap they will be, i paid over £700 pounds for the replicas i have on at the minute and the quality was much better.

Rant over!

Thanks for the advise, im in the process of buying some reps for my A4 but I am taking my time as I dont want to get stung. I agree - you get what you pay for.

That's why I have my reservations about buying wheels by post, always like to see what I'm buying, even for the sake of 20-30 quid.