Ruined my bonnet - Suggestions Please!

A3Andy

Reaction score
Recently cleaned my A3 and noticed some fine scratches around the front and side of the bonnet. So i went and bought some T Cut scratch remover in the hope it would make them less obvious.

I cleaned the car thoroughly and used a clay bar on the whole bonnet. I then squeezed on a small dab of tcut and rubbed it lightly, as directed into the paint work. Then buffed off, expecting to find the scratches gone.

Instead i was left with loads of hazy scratches, and the paintwork looked awful, almost entirely losing it's shine. In a massive panic i whipped out some autoglym super resin and rubbed it hard into the effected areas, i repeated this 3 times, then finished with extra gloss protection. The paint work still looks terrible.

What's my options, complete strip down and respray? Or can a detailer/bodyshop sort out this mess for me?

Just have the bonnet "mopped" with a rotary or DA polisher.
Audi paint is usually very hard, has yours been repainted. What coolour and age is it.

Its unlikely you have done anything that a decent valletter cannot repair or at least get to look 90% perfect, so relax and call a local bodyshop and ask if they will mop it for you for a bit of cash! ! £20 should see them mop the bonnet up quickly for you!