rumble from drivers side

donna

Reaction score
my issue is very similar to others on here but its more of a rumble sound,

when driving down the road at any speed there is a rumble noise from the front drivers side , checked wheel bearing with the usually way wobbling wheel and i have no play . it still rumbles when i turn left or right or straight. but when i brake softly the noise goes until i let of the brake again then its back.

i thought it to be the brake disk but i dont get any noticeable vibration when braking .

its been like this for a year now and still doing my head in

just had my top strut bearings replaced 1/4 inch of play in the bearings once i removed them . i never thought they could get that bad.

car is a 3.2 v6 quottro dsg 2005 68000 miles

thanks

Hello there.

This looks to us like abnormal tyre wear, but it's difficult to say.
We recommend you examine your front and rear tyres and note any differences that you might find.

Regards,
The rezulteo team

i swaped front and rear tyres around still the same noise , it was the same with my old tyres .

if indeed it is the the tyres why would it stop making the noise once the brake is presed .

Generally speaking, if the tyres are worn, it is usually on one axle. Therefore, the noise you're talking about is probably coming from something else if it is still present.
Otherwise, your 4 tyres are showing irregular wear, which is really unlucky yet very unlikely.