running a de-cat TBE?

jungleman

Reaction score
heya guys
im thinking about completing my milltek and need to decide if im going for the cat or de-cat option, now im guessing that overall the de-cat should sound a little more aggressive, and have better flow, so when i get it mapped again to account for the changes it will help with more power
ok but heres the main thing, from what ive read even without the cat it should still pass the emissions tests, but its an mot requirement to have a cat... so where are people taking their cars to get round this, if you would rather not post names on an open forum can could you pm me, cheers

oh and im based in london

If you go decat you can get a bolt in pipe that can be replaced with your original cat when its MOT time, or go to a very friendly garage.
I reckon mine up here would pass me with a decat ;-) , I've been using them for ages though.

thats the thing they know me fairly well at my local garage, as spent a fortune there with them when i had my pug 306, but they are very very straight down the line, good for some things, not so good for some others!

Not worth the hassle mate. Just stick to sports cat man. Should be more than capable.

im sort of thinking that, but if it means a few extra hp & lb/ft and a bit more noise mmmmm lol

Indeed. However if you move house or whatever then you gotta find another cool mot place etc...well just my 2p cos I would find it annoying mate and I hate inconvenience.

there is that and im sure they are going to be few and far between
... maybe if i just 'removed' the inside of the cat haha!! :ninja:

They sound pretty awesome when straight thru decatted, are you planning on having a res or non res centre section?
What would be best for you to do its buy a 2.75 or 3"" TBE with Sports cat that can be unbolted and replaced with a straight thru section.

You can do this with my MV Sport set up.

ive already got a non res milltek cat back on the car, so just been something to complete the system
dont suppose you know if the MV cat/decat system would marry up to the milltek parts?