Running best it has in a long while!

RyanJonS4

Drive It Like You Stole It
Reaction score
Just been in for 8 coils replaced for free and my car feels like its running better than it has in a long while, has anyone else thought this after having coils replaced?

1 went last week and was replaced to get me about and the car felt good but now after all 8 replaced it feels a lot smoother, faster and a lot more responsive.

Would the old coils have been sort of breaking down slowly and causing a little roughness maybe?

Also heard it said so many times before, but.... If you havnt already, ring Audi and get them changed for free!!!

Ryan

It might sound a silly question ... but how on earth do you get audi to replace all your coils free of charge??

I had mine replace FOC due to the "recall" although Audi refuse to call it a recall even though the problem was coil packs catching fire!

Mine felt much better after the change too and it was ll free, Norwich Audi did a safety check and a valet so great service. All the safety items where valid and have now had my guy do all the work at a fraction of the cost plus an RS4 RARB which is a must have mode for an S4 and very cheap to do.

This is across the whole VAG group on specific coil packs, not all. VAG refuse to call it a recall, I think they are doing it under the guise of a TSB or something.

Nice one Ryan. Just spoke to Audi Stockport and Im now booked in for this Saturday morning.

Not owned the car for very long ...is there any other surprises i should know about??

Phil