Running In ...

S1Newbie

Reaction score
I am just reading the latest Evo (207) they are using an S1 in their fast fleet.Total mileage for the vehicle is 1428.
"Now it's fully run-in I can work beyond the mid range and let the engine run out to the limiter.I am doing this as much as possible as I'm a strong believer that a regularly extended young engine will make for a faster car in the long term....Plus every engineer I've ever asked about running-in procedures has suggested to give it death from day one "

So who has given it the beans from the off ?

I am just reading the latest Evo (207) they are using an S1 in their fast fleet.Total mileage for the vehicle is 1428.
"Now it's fully run-in I can work beyond the mid range and let the engine run out to the limiter.I am doing this as much as possible as I'm a strong believer that a regularly extended young engine will make for a faster car in the long term....Plus every engineer I've ever asked about running-in procedures has suggested to give it death from day one "

I don't run in the s1... Only warming up the engine befor given it the beans

That quote seems to contradict itself?

Total mileage for the vehicle is 1428.
"Now it's fully run-in I can work beyond the mid range and let the engine run out to the limiter.
Then it states
Plus every engineer I've ever asked about running-in procedures has suggested to give it death from day one

But personally I will be doing the first part of that quote which is to be gentle for the first 500-1000 miles, after then it'll get the beans at appropriate times.

I don't run in the s1... Only warming up the engine befor given it the beans

+1 Given all my cars hell from day one, but only once fully up to temp (that means 5-10 mins after the water temp reaches 90). My BMW 135i had the BMW Performance wheel with an LED display that I had set to bing when the oil temp was up to 110 - that was a nice feature :)

I'd personally run it in first moderate engine revs, thats what I will do with mine when it arrives only for about 500 to 700 miles though.
I can see arguments for both but that's just my personal thoughts.

As long as the oil is up to temp presumably it would not do the engine any harm ?

Work car is returned today so now car less until the S1 arrives ....

As long as the oil is up to temp presumably it would not do the engine any harm ?

Work car is returned today so now car less until the S1 arrives ....
so long as up to temp all good running in for me is more about brakes and tyres

I tried to take it easy for the first 600 / 900 miles but you know what it's like. This guy in an rs5 wanted to test me and it seemed rude to refuse lol

Reactions: Compkiler