Rusty disks seizing pads after washing - advice

Nickyc

Reaction score
Hi gang, Happy New Year to you all.

I'm after a bit of advice, our Audi is our second car and usually after we have taken it out, it gets a wash and is then parked in the garage for weeks until it is used again. The issue I have is that the brakes seize up and the car wont move when I use it again. Well it does after a good stab of the accelerator and reverse. How do I prevent this from happening ? Any tips ? I do have Bilt Hamber Atom Mac, but this does not seem to stop them sticking once left to sit. It has auto handbrake too so I cant leave that off either.

Hi gang, Happy New Year to you all.

I'm after a bit of advice, our Audi is our second car and usually after we have taken it out, it gets a wash and is then parked in the garage for weeks until it is used again. The issue I have is that the brakes seize up and the car wont move when I use it again. Well it does after a good stab of the accelerator and reverse. How do I prevent this from happening ? Any tips ? I do have Bilt Hamber Atom Mac, but this does not seem to stop them sticking once left to sit. It has auto handbrake too so I cant leave that off either.

2 ways to avoid
Leave the auto hold off and it won’t engage the handbrake and even if it does you just turn the handbrake off before ignition off and it won’t re-engage

I use an air blower (Big Boi) when drying the car now and it really helps drive out the moisture from that disc / pad area so the discs don’t go rusty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it for a drive around the block after you have washed it.Alternatively don't put the handbrake on. If it's an auto it should be in park which locks the transmission and will stop it rolling anywhere. If you really want to be sure chock the wheels. It's the pads on the handbrake that are sticking to the disc.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and 45bvtc
Will look into this step to as I also get the dreaded crack on the brakes after a wash with the electronic handbrake disengaged.
May order some hydes off of the obsessed garage shop.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I usually give it a few lengths up & down the road to dry the brakes. Seems to reduce the build up significantly