S-Line A3's

K-Dash

Reaction score
What year was the first S-Line A3?

04?

I seem to remember S-line option became available mid-end '04.
It was certainly a relatively new option when I ordered my car end of '04.

ok, thanks.

Were the only differences between pre-facelift s-line and other pre facelift models....

Slightly lower suspension, Embossed Seats, S-Line Wheel, S-Line (RS6 Look) Wheels, Exterior S-Line Badges. Anything Else?

Off the top of my head...

18" alloys
Lower suspension
S-line embossed, part leather seats.
Different steering wheel
S-line badges
Black interior headlining ( which was quite nice )

Er, think that's the lot.
I remember it was a £1000 option, which was a no-brainer.
The wheels alone must be worth most of that.

Wasn't the S-Line 3 door out before the sportback?

Oldest S-line 3 door on Autotrader is an '04 plate.
So if it was on a March '04 car, it must have been available for order at least 3 months before that.

I remember ordering up a sportback sport with bigger wheels, leather interior and a few other options - when my lease company submitted it to Audi they came back and said the s-line was about to be released and would I prefer that, this was sometime September/October 04 I think

My Car is a July 04 S-line, and quite an early one. I don't have embossed seats (although they are part-leather) and I don't have S-line on the steering wheel...
My bumpers are also standard.

I did get:

18" sline alloys
black headlining
piano black inserts
sline badges on sides of car
lower suspension

I think that's about it. S-line bumpers and embossed seats also came later. Other thing worth mentioning is that the early Slines (like mine) are not referred to as S-line on the V5, they come up as "Sport". I think the later adjustements coincided with the S-line spcified on the V5...

the alu inserts were standard i think and the piano black inserts were the option acording to the dealer when i got mine.

Wasn't the original S-Line in 2004 only available on the 3.2? It was just sold as an "A3 S-Line". As far as I know they released the S-Line packages for lesser models in late 2005.

Does any one want to swop the alu or black inserts for a set of wood ones? :unsure:

As far as I know they released the S-Line packages for lesser models in late 2005.

No, S-line packages were available for all sportback engines late '04.
Mine was an '05 plate (March '05), ordered December '04.
At the time, you could get only get S-line in conjunction with DSG or quattro, which was a pain.
I wanted the S-line pack, but I didn't want quattro.
So I had to take DSG....:keule:

Does any one want to swop the alu or black inserts for a set of wood ones? :unsure:

Be prepared to get your wallet out. Sets of trim very rarely come up for sale. on www.vagparts.com you're looking at £300 incl. VAT for the aluminium trim. I've looked into it myself and it's very pricey.
If you want to be a little more individual have a look at the fishscale trim.

oh yeah, just remembered that too, mind you i was lucky, I wanted DSG

you should of had a spoiler thats what is listed in the june 04 price list, unless before this list they didnt have one.
States sline only on 3.2 & dgs tdi on the 3 door.
In the sportback oct.04 price list & broucher doesnt even mention the s-line option.

S-Line was available as an option originally for the 8P A3 but then became a specific model. My car is a 2005/05 and the V5 Sport Quattro but is fully S-Line specked.

the alu inserts were standard i think and the piano black inserts were the option acording to the dealer when i got mine.

Piano black insets wqhere standard in 2005 when I ordered mine although you could specifiy the aluminium ones as a no cost option.

J.

here is a pic of my car WITH the standard spoiler (at the time!)
a3ruu6a.jpg

I reckon the spoiler was a no cost option on the 3 door only, mine and two others at work don't have them, all 05 plate sportback s lines

Aluminium trim was standard with S-lines and Piano black was a no cost option. Heres a copy of the Jul/Aug05 sales brochure showing the £1000 S-Line option and the £950 S-Line styling pack. Both were later grouped together and along with full leather interior could be had for alot less than the three combined before.
Audi10001_1.jpg

Audi20001_1.jpg

They must have changed it then as it was definately the other way round when I ordered mine (december 2004), does that co-incide with the big grille?

J.

They must have changed it then as it was definately the other way round when I ordered mine (december 2004), does that co-incide with the big grille?

J.

yep, me too. I think we picked our cars up the same day. In fact I didn't even see the alu trims otherwise i'd have picked them off the piano black trim, which is ipodesque in it's ability to scratch.

yep, me too. I think we picked our cars up the same day. In fact I didn't even see the alu trims otherwise i'd have picked them off the piano black trim, which is ipodesque in it's ability to scratch.

We bought an 05 2.0TQ petrol sport in MAr 05. Piano BLAck trim was standard , paid 80 quid for the optional alu trim. +500 for leather/alc seats which at the time seemed a better option than ythe S line pack which had leather/fabric seats @ alu trim as standard.

So......do all S-Lines have:

• Black roof lining
  • Chrome Door sills with S-Line emblem?
Did they have different steering wheels or the same wheel with just an S-Line emblem on bottom "Spoke?"
The question above applies for the gear knob aswell.

Were there any other interior s-line insignia.

Thanks Guys.

So......do all S-Lines have:

• Black roof lining
  • Chrome Door sills with S-Line emblem?
Did they have different steering wheels or the same wheel with just an S-Line emblem on bottom "Spoke?"
The question above applies for the gear knob aswell.

Were there any other interior s-line insignia.

Thanks Guys.

Yes the S-line steering wheel had different coloured stitching and the emblem and some cars came with S-line embossing on the backs of the front seats. The dark headlining and door sills were standard.

My S-line Steering wheel didn't have different colour stitching, I don't think.:ermm:
It was perforated leather though, as opposed to smooth leather.