S-Line A3's

Different years have different options, mine an early s line has perforated all the way around, newer one only part perforated & some coloured stitching.
the old steering wheels should have an sline badge, in the newer car the badge/emblem is enbossed on the part leather front seats, if you have full leather i'm not sure if it's embossed.
The gear knob is perforated in all age cars, i believe.

AUDIA3005.jpg

2007 A3 2.0 TDI S-LINE,
Black Headliner
Brushed aluminium inlays
Front & Rear sporty bumpers
Illuminated vanity mirrors
Aluminium cd player knobs
Part perforated leather steering wheel:racer:

Here's my take :

first ones out were early 2004, as a £750 option and available only on the 3.2. Known by insurers and DVLA as Quattro Sport for some reason and it took an age for anyone to list it is as an Sline. Guess it was just another option pack at the time rather than a bespoke model. For this you got the 18" wheels, S-line emblems on outside side panels, dark headlining, a fully perforated wheel (standard stitching) and gear knob, the wheel having the sline logo at the bottom. No embossing of seats, but part leather in either black or silve in the centre cloth sections. Piano black inserts. Slightly lowered suspension if you believed the brochure but I reckon it was the same as the Sport. You also got the option of Misano Red or Avus Silver paint at standard metallic prices rather than the hyper inflated exclusive price.

I ordered my 3 door (pre-facelift of course) at the end of March 2005 and during the process, they released the 2005 model year spec. This still cost the same upgrade price, but you got the rear spoiler thrown in and the no cost option of brushed aluminium trim. The badge on the front grille also just said Quattro but now they all seem to say Sline.

I now have a 2006 model year Sportback, ordered in July 2005. The Sportbacks never got the spoiler before the exterior styling pack came out (the revised front and rear bumpers and the roof spoiler). This became an option for a further £950 just after I had ordered mine, being on top of the £1000 the Sline pack now cost. These two then got merged and they charged about £1500 for both at the start of 2006.

My Sportback therefore has standard bumpers, but also the embossed seats (standard on all Sportback SLines with the standard seats) and a part perforated leather wheel with colour stitching.

So the Pre-Facelift S-Lines (2004-2005) what colours did they come in?

Well, the Black was 'ebony black' not phantom which for my money has a lot more metal flake in it and looked great.. Other usual colours i think

well done Rob; spot on from my memory. I had the brushed alu also at no cost; dealer had never seen it before. Mine didnt have the embossed seats either..