S Line Grill Parking Sensor Mount

JP-B8

Reaction score
Hi,

Im new around here but i have been looking though this forum as a guest and the internet to find a part number which i haven't had much luck with.

does anyone know or know where i can find the part number for the parking sensor clips for a A4 B8 2009 S Line grill?

Long story short, im going to be retrofitting them, so i have found the kit etc but just not the mount, from what i have found im pretty sure they are not moulded into the grill and i don't really want to go down the road of getting a RS style grill.

thanks

for anyone looking in for the future for this part number for the grill mounted sensors is...

8K0 919 267 A 1QP

they are from a 2008 B8, from 2009 and later they are moulded into the grill (from what the part department at Audi told me) and cost around £15 from Audi for one.

JP

I got the part numbers from an online parts catalogue when I retro fitted front parking sensors to my February 2011 B8 S4, but I could not comment about them being suitable for a 2008MY S-line.
Have you worked out what else you need to buy?

I got the part numbers from an online parts catalogue when I retro fitted front parking sensors to my February 2011 B8 S4, but I could not comment about them being suitable for a 2008MY S-line.
Have you worked out what else you need to buy?

I have found an new OEM wiring, sensors, buzz kit online at vagtec.co.uk. But I not sure if it comes with the grill mounts for the sensors or the mount for the control box. I have emailed them to find out if anything is missing from the kit.

So if you have any part numbers of parts you used or could point me in the right direction to find them it would be greatly appreciated.

I do however have a few questions.

1. Did your bumper have the marks on the inside of the bumper to know where to drill out?
2. Did you use one or two control boxs? I have seen some kits that’s come with a single control box for both front and rear and other kits with two boxes one for the front and one for the rear.
3. Where did you mount the front buzzer? I have seen some people mount it next to the front internal fuse box and some that mount it behind the speedo, which seems abit like over kill.

Thanks, JP

Okay, I bought a used 8 channel controller - that replaces the 4 channel already fitted, bought a used switch panel, a used buzzer, 2 new sensors unpainted for the others, 2 new sensors painted from Germany as my S4 has a matt/flat finish grey grill, new VW Passat sensor mounting brackets for the outer sensors and seriously strong glue to fix them in place, 2 new grill mountings from Audi and a few other bits and pieces. The cables I bought from Kufatec, ie a front bumper cable assembly - I replaced the end connector for the smaller size that Audi uses to make it more OEM, the cable from the front via the new buzzer and new console switch to the controller in the boot - I obviously replaced its front end connector as well. Due to my car being an S4, I did not fancy making a mess so I bought a new bumper cutter/punch kit that comes complete with mandrels and clamps to locate and hold the sensor fixings for the outer sensors while the glue set - that cost too much, under £100 but I did not want to end up with mess. Another thing that you will need to buy is a couple of rear seat base anchors as you will need to remove/lift the seat base out to fit the cabling in, they are quite big but cost peanuts!
Finally, you will find Xs at the points that you need to drill/punch through on the inner surface of the bumper.
Other than that, I found that the supplied cabling for the front bumper needed chopping up and extending as it was designed probably for the later set up so the 2 grill sensor wiring was too short.
Any more questions just ask, I found a lot of help online in various sites and copied/printed to help me out prior to starting this job, so recoding will also be needed to get OPS working and making sure that the used controller is set up exactly for your version of car, my controller was from a Q5.
Fitting the front buzzer, a few tips online, depending on where you fit it it can be tricky, but it is only secured using 2 expanding rivets and I think that I actually found the exact correct place and holes, where you locate it will in part be controlled by the length of the cabling supplied to you.