S line grills from chrome to black.

RobbieWebs

Reaction score
Hi all, get my new(used) daytona avant next week and it has chrome.
Coming from 3 black editions A4,s I'd like to have that look again.
If it wasn't for the 3.0tdi 272 engine I'd probably kept looking for a BE.
I'm going to wrap the roof bars and window trims.
Anyone had this done on the grill or do they have the part numbers to replace to black edition(including side grills)?

Thanks

Robbie

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yesterday I started wrapping the grill by myself. Haven't finished it yet. I want to keep the surround of the grill chrome and only wrap the horizontal chrome bits. There is few issues I noticed. The rest of the grill is gray, at least on the daytona, so even if you wrap the chrome the grill will not look as black as you would like. Plasti-dipping will give a better look. Also I'm using a black gloss wrap and and in sunshine it reflects so much light that it looks semi chrome. I think matt wrap would be better.
I'm planning on doing the window surrounds and roof rails too but not by myself. It's just hard to find time to book the car in as I use it everyday.

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Yesterday I started wrapping the grill by myself. Haven't finished it yet. I want to keep the surround of the grill chrome and only wrap the horizontal chrome bits. There is few issues I noticed. The rest of the grill is gray, at least on the daytona, so even if you wrap the chrome the grill will not look as black as you would like. Plasti-dipping will give a better look. Also I'm using a black gloss wrap and and in sunshine it reflects so much light that it looks semi chrome. I think matt wrap would be better.
I'm planning on doing the window surrounds and roof rails too but not by myself. It's just hard to find time to book the car in as I use it everyday.
Hi mate.
Thanks for your reply.
I didn't realise the rest of the grill was grey.
Il have a better look on Wednesday when I pick up the car.
I was planning to wrap the outer grill surround in gloss also.
If thats the case with this I might see if I can source a black edition one.
I was planning to get the windows and roof rails wrapped in a Matt finish.
How long did it take you to wrap the grill?
I was putting it local to a guy who is tinting my back Windows for the wrapping.

Robbie

The window surrounds I would do in gloss black. The wrapping guy I spoke to said that matt will look like rubber. The roof rails I think will look better in matt though - I think that's how they are in the BE.
If you want to see how it will look in black before you properly wrap it then get one of the thick chalk pens for writing on glass boards it washes off easily.
To wrap the horizontals on the grill takes about 30 minutes. The surround will be a bit more tricky though. If you want a proper BE look of the grill then plasti dip it or buy a proper black optics one. I want to keep the surround of the grill chrome, like a black bugatti veyron look.

The window surrounds I would do in gloss black. The wrapping guy I spoke to said that matt will look like rubber. The roof rails I think will look better in matt though - I think that's how they are in the BE.
If you want to see how it will look in black before you properly wrap it then get one of the thick chalk pens for writing on glass boards it washes off easily.
To wrap the horizontals on the grill takes about 30 minutes. The surround will be a bit more tricky though. If you want a proper BE look of the grill then plasti dip it or buy a proper black optics one. I want to keep the surround of the grill chrome, like a black bugatti veyron look.
I have a b8.5 BE saloon just now and had a look at the surrounds. Mine looks like a dull black rubber.
Maybe the Matt would look more OEM.
But Deffo worth thinking about the black.
It's a shame I can't see a b9 BE to compare.
Finding it hard to source the BE grills.
Found one on eBay for an s4 BE.
350 quid tho.
U got any pics of your wrapping so far bud?

I have a b8.5 BE saloon just now and had a look at the surrounds. Mine looks like a dull black rubber.
Maybe the Matt would look more OEM.
But Deffo worth thinking about the black.
It's a shame I can't see a b9 BE to compare.
Finding it hard to source the BE grills.
Found one on eBay for an s4 BE.
350 quid tho.
U got any pics of your wrapping so far bud?

There's a guy in here who put me in co tact with someone who supply's a copy black edition or a honey comb (RS4 style but with S4 badge) supposed to be real good copy's.. @Daggerit I think it was

Reactions: RobbieWebs and Daggerit
There's a guy in here who put me in co tact with someone who supply's a copy black edition or a honey comb (RS4 style but with S4 badge) supposed to be real good copy's.. @Daggerit I think it was

Yup, although it would likely be £275-300 so not a massive saving. PM me if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should get discount on mine for the amount of times I reccomend this guy on here and Facebook @Daggerit

Reactions: RobbieWebs and Daggerit
Yup, although it would likely be £275-300 so not a massive saving. PM me if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up guys.
Managed to find a 2nd hand s4 front grill so Il stick with that.
I seen the thread with the grills and they look the part

Reactions: Daggerit
Thanks for the heads up guys.
Managed to find a 2nd hand s4 front grill so Il stick with that.
I seen the thread with the grills and they look the part

Where from mate? I've been looking fir one