s line lower bumper grilles

glenandem

Reaction score
hi guys,im about to buy an s line lower to fit onto my standard sport bumper which i think is just like the se model and i know i have to do a few mods to get it to fit but im not paying silly money for the s line grilles so thinking of just getting some mesh, has anyone done this to these bumpers and if so what did it look like?
ive done a few cars like this in yrs gone by but just wondered what it would look like on the s line?

Without the alloy frame that comes with the grill I would not rate it myself, but then again not seen it done on an Audi.

hi guys,im about to buy an s line lower to fit onto my standard sport bumper which i think is just like the se model and i know i have to do a few mods to get it to fit but im not paying silly money for the s line grilles so thinking of just getting some mesh, has anyone done this to these bumpers and if so what did it look like?
ive done a few cars like this in yrs gone by but just wondered what it would look like on the s line?

Hi,

This might be of some use to you, this guy used mesh instead of the actual grills and he done a very tasty job imo!

Ultrasport lower with stock upper bumper how-to (lots of pics)

cheer pal,that guys done a bang on job!
i'd rather fit original but im not paying silly money for a bit of plastic lol and i like that job hes done and it doesnt look max power either!!

Just keep an eye out for car breaking on eBay. There are a few on there with the GMBH/s-line kit on.

There's a lot of options even on OEM - most relate to the engine and venting for the intercoolers, but generally the two styles are honeycomb or "bullet":

Here's the standard lower grill: all cars normally have this or are obviously aftermarket:

Most B6's have honeycomb grills:

#5 a #10 below are the more common on the A6's and B7's:

By all means find one from a breakers, nothign wrong with 2nd hand parts or try to make your own if you want a project, but I'd recommend staying away from cheap eBay non-OEM parts - I wasted a lot of time and effort on my Golf buying cheap, poorly fitting, replacement plastics on to have to replace the lot the first time they touched the ground (VERY gently) and completely shattered and fell apart.... plus they looked rough within a few weeks before they fell to pieces.

Do those B7 grills fit into B6's (the foglight ones)? I did see an image of a B6 with the B7 '2 bar' foglight grill..

Just keep an eye out for car breaking on eBay. There are a few on there with the GMBH/s-line kit on.

Where fella as I'm in the look out for the full front GmbH/sline front with parking sensor fittings and grills as I've damaged mine and I cannot see any on eBay??

Cheers

Tom