S-Line rear lower diffuser retrofit

SevenW

Reaction score
I absolutely hate / detest the rear bumper diffuser / valance on my saloon, I have a non S-Line, so it has that fake cut out for dual exhausts, that hasn't been cut out, on the right hand side.
My question is has anybody retrofit a S-Line diffuser the one with the grey lower and honeycomb on their rear bumper and is it a perfect swap?
I'm hope to research a bit before I pull the trigger and do this.

Cheers

Iv only noticed over the past few days that my 1.6tdi Sport has a rear S-line bumper. I contacted the previous owner and he said he modified it! i immediately re-checked the hpi and all fine so i guess he had the same opinion as you!! didnt tell me if it was easy but i guess if you want a whole rear bumper then its just a bolt on and off job. loads cheap on ebay. here a pic of mine. I quite like it to be honest. i know its not original and people will be against it as its copying an S-line but hey... each to their own!!

Ooops just noticed you have a saloon so my above message might be irrelevant!!

BTW, it doesnt look like just a diffuser swap. seems like a totally different bumper on the S-line.

Attachments

• 27714328263_d08080e82e_z.jpg
    27714328263_d08080e82e_z.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Reactions: SevenW
The S-line is just so much nicer!
I don't particularly want to respray a whole new or scrappy bumper, so kinda hoping the diffuser is a replaceable part.

it really is so much nicer. iv actually just googled images and compared it and it does look like just the diffuser but if it is then im amazed it adds so much difference. the diffuser noramlly just clips in and out. search on ebay for the spares and you can see the clips on some of them. i dont know though if they are interchangable witht he 2 bumpers though, i just know that the diffuser is a seperate part to the bumper.

I know if on the single or dual pipe sline line diffuser they differ but can be swapped around. The 3 door and 5 door version of the sline diffuser have the same dimensions.

If your unsure I have a dual and single pipe sline diffuser sitting in my garage. I can 'lend' it and test fit but it's a bitch to pop off the rear bumper. Message me if you are interested.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SevenW
I know if on the single or dual pipe sline line diffuser they differ but can be swapped around. The 3 door and 5 door version of the sline diffuser have the same dimensions.

If your unsure I have a dual and single pipe sline diffuser sitting in my garage. I can 'lend' it and test fit but it's a bitch to pop off the rear bumper. Message me if you are interested.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Hey thanks for the offer! I'm not in shouting distance of you though, I'm literally on the other side of the world.
Not good to hear that pulling them off is a proverbial female dog though.

Tar anyway.