S line springs value??

ScottS

Reaction score
i have a set of s line springs sat here for the 2009 143 a4, I've swapped them with eibachs and wondering if they are worth any value or is it just a case of keep or scrap? Believe they are the 30mm drop set, can't see a part number on them though

I also have a pair I've had on here and on flee bay , if give them away now just to clear them out of my way

don't think people will want spring that have mileage on them already ,but you never know try gumtree its free someone that's got a broken spring also accident damaged may want them ,but most are going lower , so not popular these days /so basically scrap value :sorry:

I might be interested! What's the condition like on them?

Currently on Sports springs on my black edition and they are 20mm drop. Not sure it's worth the hassle to swap over old springs though.

Could be further from Glasgow, I'm down in Epsom

I recently had a Bilstein B12 Pro Kit fitted to my a4 sline, which didn't lower the car beyond the sline 30mm drop. Bit disappointing. So Now I have spare sline springs + gas shocks...albeit with 60k on them....!

any pics of the car with the springs on? mines sline and i keep thinking about lowering it dont want stupid low but around 20-35mm .. being sline im not sure what drop to get as i think the quoted drops are from se spec

IMG 0720
This is it with the eibach sportlines on, not a huge drop but enough for me

Guess everyone is in the same boat then, I'll just end up binning them

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro
That is definitely lower than mine. I have the S-Line Black edition but mine is Quattro and I have the 20mm drop "Sport" springs not the optional 30mm "S-Line" springs
IMG_20161013_153949.jpg

IMG_20160901_175032206_HDR.jpg

That's way much lower than mine, although the 19" rims must fill out the arches a bit. I notice you still have a gap of around 10 mm between the top of the tyre and arch.....Are you running 255s..?....I'm wondering if my Pro kit pack had the wrong springs....?

so what drop eibachs did you go for then mate ... that drop is perfect for me.... how is the ride ... how does the dynamic suspension cope is it still ok

On previous cars I always went for individual H+R springs and bilstein dampers. This time I bought the suspension pack offered as a match between Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs in the Pro kit. The car was remapped (stg1) earlier this year and I had an H+R anti-roll kit fitted. The solid A/R bars firmed up the roll as expected. The pro-kit promoted a drop of 40-50mm, which should have dropped the car another 10-15mm. I was expecting something like Scott's A4 above. I think the eibach springs must only be a drop of 30 mm, as I can see no difference visually. Performance is a different story. There is no pitching or diving at speed, so the car turns in much quicker. The ride hasn't been compromised too much, although it is a little bumpier at slow speed on rough roads. Haven't hit any pot holes yet ! I should have gone for the H+R springs and got a 40mm drop all round. Your a4 sline already has a drop of 30mm...

Reactions: Chop.
On previous cars I always went for individual H+R springs and bilstein dampers. This time I bought the suspension pack offered as a match between Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs in the Pro kit. The car was remapped (stg1) earlier this year and I had an H+R anti-roll kit fitted. The solid A/R bars firmed up the roll as expected. The pro-kit promoted a drop of 40-50mm, which should have dropped the car another 10-15mm. I was expecting something like Scott's A4 above. I think the eibach springs must only be a drop of 30 mm, as I can see no difference visually. Performance is a different story. There is no pitching or diving at speed, so the car turns in much quicker. The ride hasn't been compromised too much, although it is a little bumpier at slow speed on rough roads. Haven't hit any pot holes yet ! I should have gone for the H+R springs and got a 40mm drop all round. Your a4 sline already has a drop of 30mm...
Are you aware that eibach do a lower kit? The sportline springs have a lower drop than the pro kit. Most people I have seen go for the sportline springs

Long shot as this post was a couple of months ago, but don't suppose anyone still has their S-Line springs still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iv got a set of 2009 S4 avant springs in the garage

They fit a 2.0tdi would you know? Wouldn't cause any issues with standard shocks? Might be interested in those.

I've got mine as well from my 2009 A4 s line saloon

Wonder if the saloon would be the same as avant? Mate wants a set too. That's what gave me the idea.

They fit a 2.0tdi would you know? Wouldn't cause any issues with standard shocks? Might be interested in those.

Mate I'm not sure I would guess any b8 avant springs would fit but maby someone would confirm, not totally sure what drop you would get

I'm in East Lothian if you want them, I'm not wanting anything for them

Reactions: RS5 JON
Mate I'm not sure I would guess any b8 avant springs would fit but maby someone would confirm, not totally sure what drop you would get

I'm in East Lothian if you want them, I'm not wanting anything for them

Well mine is an SE so like on stilts. lol. I'm in the midlands so bit far to drive up. But if you could get a postage quote I could send it via PayPal?

Wonder if the saloon would be the same as avant? Mate wants a set too. That's what gave me the idea.

I'm not sure to be honest with you. If it's front wheel drive I'd imagine they'd fit not sure if they're different on quattros