S tronic flywheel rattle noise jingling

Wobblybox

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2015 A7 Quattro 272bhp with a 7 spd s-tronic gearbox. I have a rattle from underneath the car when cold. It also rattles slightly when warm but not as much. Is the dual mass flywheel a weak point? Should I replace anything else when I’m in there?
Here’s a link to the sound.

Yes I had the same noise from my 2016 A6 7sp s-tronic. I got the flywheel changed under warranty. It cleared up the noise (not completely )
But now the noise has returned when cold. I only have approx 30,000km done since the change, which means there is an issue with these flywheels.
The original one got noisy at around 30,000km.

Well…. It has since turned out to be the bottom tensioner causing the rattle. I’ve just got the go ahead from my warranty company to repair it at a cost of £3500!!

I ask, because there was a warranty issue with the timing belt tensioners on some engines.

I ask, because there was a warranty issue with the timing belt tensioners on some engines.
Cam chain tensioner I believe. Replacing all tensioners, guides and associated gubbins. Mines the 272 variant which I understand to have a weakness in the tensioners. Mine however, didn’t have the classic cold start rattle, mine came in at 1500-1800 rpms