S-Tronic Gearbox Recalls??

Mario

Reaction score
We have a 2013 (63 plate, registered Oct 2013) A4 B8.5 2.0TDI Quattro with the 7-Speed Auto (S-Tronic) gearbox. Just bored while on lunch and doing a bit of reading on these when I stumbled across this.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ars-worldwide-faulty-gearbox-light-fuses.html

Apparently in Nov 2013 Audi issued a recall on these boxes as they would lose power. Says it tends to be an issue with the electronics (mech unit maybe) in hot & humid environments. Hot & humid doesn't describe the UK, but they apparently did a world wide recall. The fix is to do a software update and replace the fully synthetic oil with mineral oil.

Has anyone else heard of this? Has anyone had the recall done? I'll need to call Audi and see if ours is affected seeing as the recall was issued just 1 month after ours was registered. It may have been done before we got it anyway as we did buy it when it was about 1 year old from an Audi dealer.

Can't find any more info other than that daily mail article, so wondering how accurate it really is.

It's not the same box you have, and any recalls are model specific, also country specific as "operating conditions are different"...been there wasted time chasing it up. Forget about it and move on. You have an 8.5 so should be more reliable, just ensure the oil changes are done at right timings if 38k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@razza1 I spoke to Audi customer support about this via their online chat and said there is no recall for our car which is fine. If there is no recall I'm not gonna fuss over it.

I have seen reports of where others with 2010 model cars have had recalls. From what I understand the fully synth oil becomes corrosive over time and can damage the electronics in the mech unit. Assuming mine came out of the factory with mineral oil if there is no recall on it.