s tronic oil change at independed garage

fcbsoci

Reaction score
I live in Halifax west Yorkshire and looking for independent garage for s tronic oil n filter change coz i don't trust audi "average train " mechanic so looking for other solutions.
So many bad reviews plus my Audi (bought 3 weeks ago) and found out with 58k miles on the clock and oil wasn't change so this idiots from audi not call for that and i heard today at Bradford audi owners have manual .
I'm really mad coz some1 bought this car for nearly 60k£££ end of 2015 and never done s-tronic service which is very important. At the moment gearbox works fine so hopefully will stay like that.Thanks in advance for any info.

I bought mine at 69k without gearbox service but my friendly local did it for me along with cambelt, water pump and full service etc.

No issues but hardly ideal.

I bought mine at 69k without gearbox service but my friendly local did it for me along with cambelt, water pump and full service etc.

No issues but hardly ideal.

How much did you pay out of curocity ?I am aiming to do it as well and not sure if I go audi or doing it myself/local garage.

Below is the answer for some1 question about stronic gearbox.

"Let's start with the fact that you have a S-tronic box with the designation 0B5 and the NPB letter code (code visible on the wlepce under production date). Box 0B5 has two independent oil circuits. The first is a double clutch, a mechanical module and an oil supply system. The second oil circuit includes a gearbox, a switch box (between differentials - Torsen) and a front axle transmission. The ATF oil from the clutch circuit changes up to a maximum of 60,000 km. Oil from the gearbox is provided for the entire period of the gearbox operation. You can buy it, be able to withstand it for such a long period of time. Your car has been over 5 years in a few months, so it's worth replacing. There will be peace for a few years. There are two oil filters in the clutch circuit. One (grid) at the entrance to the mechatronic module, which is also an oil dragon sucking oil from the bowl. The second one is at the outlet (behind the couplings) to the oil cooler. Its task is to catch dust from friction plates. The site only exchanges the second filter (input its contribution). It is recommended that you use the same, because it protects directly on the mechatronic module. Be associated with the replacement of oil seals, which must be unscrewed."

This is from polish audi a6 forum.

Don't think audi dealer doing this.

I'm still don't know what I'm gonna do.

How much did you pay out of curocity ?I am aiming to do it as well and not sure if I go audi or doing it myself/local garage.

Erm...I had a few other bits done at the same time, main one being new CV with full service, all filters, all fluids inc dsg gearbox with cambelt and water pump...£650.

Hi ,i drained about 3 liters of oil from gear box and put back 4, the car wont drive , i take of the drain nut again and comed off just 1 liter , can somebody show pictures or video where to drain and fill up by sections?

I've booked s-tronic service at Bradford Audi yesterday and today they call me and ask for gearbox service history so i said wasn't change coz u audi don't call for that and that should be one of the t&c in first 3 yesrs when car under warranty in my opinion, but isn't. So the lady said we can't do it coz oil u have is thicker now and when we put new 1 will be thinner so that may coz problems with your gearbox so i said this is just ridiculous and new oil only can make feel my car gearbox better .She said she have to speak with manager so will see but I've got feelings they won't change .Audi is just ridiculous in my opinion.

Let’s see what’s gonna happen to me then as I went 1000 miles over (did 77 or 78k) and last change was on 36890. I hope they won’t refuse my oil change because of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s see what’s gonna happen to me then as I went 1000 miles over (did 77 or 78k) and last change was on 36890. I hope they won’t refuse my oil change because of that

Had my oil changed yesterday for fixed UK price of 225 quid.

I did not get the video afterwards and my number plate wasn’t matching ( they put private plate which previous owner had on the car). I was there for 4.5 hours as they wouldn’t touch the car which just did 20+ miles so had to cool down.
I am genuinely not convinced that car even seen the ramp....

I had leak from sump plug so engine and tray was bit dirty but i take sump down and sorted everything before i drop car to Bradford audi.
Technician send me a video and said i have leak from gearbox haha.I suggested i have had leak from sump so mr audi technician should spot that but he didn't and they've told me they need diagnose for 1 hour for 120 quid and i said no .I rang place where i bought my audi and they said bringing over we will sorted for free if gearbox is leaking so i jump in my car and drove nearly 5 hours to scotland from Bradford .In half way i spot mr audi technician didn't put under engine tray properly so when i come out of the car tray was totally wrecked .Bosh service in Scotland change for me stronic oil and the also spot sump plug wasn't tight enough so they did that aswell with right torque and everything is sorted now and i picking my car tomm .
Conclusion
audi Bradford are shi.... and i will never ever drop my audi for service there again plus this basta...s ignore the video which i recorded when i spot wrecked tray.