S-tronic or manual, which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeDram

Reaction score
Just kidding! April Fools! Feel free to lock the thread now!

:flush::thrashi::keule:

Reactions: JohnM100, The Challinor and Jassyo06
A person playing a joke after midday is the "April fool" themselves! As it's now the evening time!!! :monkey: :moa:

It's not midday where the OP is ;)

Reactions: Pulp84 and Blackwhite
It was almost morning in my time zone, does that count? Also I'm basically lazy, and definitely foolish, so you got me there

Reactions: Pulp84
Oh in that case it's open for anyone in the same time zone as you then :)

Being New,there are probably various threads on this...............lol,but by god, l miss a manual gearbox

Unless you spec mono.pur, the simple answer is neither!

Should have gone for 'advanced key' theme. Now that would gave hit the spot!

Manual. Definitely the manual.

:lick:

according to my computer the Op posted at 4.28am on the 2nd ? so I really thought, not again....:uhm:

Haha Lol good one !!

My initial thought was OMG wait til a mod sees this !!!!!!!!!!!

That's a good try, whenever it was posted....................:jump:

Slightly OT, but just in case anyone is interested in watching a master at work - the traditional way :cool:
my apologies if posted before

On-board: Ayrton Senna's - Heel-and-Toe / Driving Technique -

Reactions: James__S3 and veeeight
Anybody with driving technique like that can get away with wearing white socks with brown loafers any day.

Reactions: Cymru09 and Pulp84
The NSX. What a fabulous car that was :)

Great car.....

When Jenson Button was at Honda / Brawn GP I would see him now and again blasting his mint Silver NSX near Frome. It made a seriously nice noise......:)

I never clocked it was him until one day on the duel carriage I got out his way (he was coming up behind me at a serious rate of knots) as we approached the roundabout junction.

Glanced over at the driver of the NSX as we came to a stop. Instantly recognised him and he gave me a little thumbs up and it made my week! He then went around the roundabout at a rate of speed I barely thought possible while still sitting gobsmacked at the junction in my humble 120d :)

Great car.....

I was just telling @The Challinor over lunch today about my memorable day in the NSX, Tiff N was in a 996, and I was chasing him around Pembrey Circuit in the NSX ;)

But no, I wasn't in white socks and loafers, nor was my footwork as good as the above.

Very very good car.

Reactions: phil1824 and Pulp84
I was just telling @The Challinor over lunch today about my memorable day in the NSX, Tiff N was in a 996, and I was chasing him around Pembrey Circuit in the NSX ;)

But no, I wasn't in white socks and loafers, nor was my footwork as good as the above.

Very very good car.
and the rest of us mere mortals, just watch the occasional one drive by :laugh:

Well I think I can reply to this now, as my (broken down) S3 is S-tronic and I have a 1.4TFSI 6-Speed manual. Neither have Hill Assist and for me that's where the S-Tronic wins, really do not like the electric handbrake on hills in the manual. That aside, both are sweet as for your personal preference

You don't have to use the electronic park brake.

The 6 speed manual will have Hill Hold as standard, on an incline, the brakes will hold for around 2 seconds while you take up the drive with the accelerator and clutch.

Thanks veeeight that useful to know, with no manual on the hire car they have lent me, and my manual in my S3 at the dealers, I had no way of checking

You don't have to use the electronic park brake.

The 6 speed manual will have Hill Hold as standard, on an incline, the brakes will hold for around 2 seconds while you take up the drive with the accelerator and clutch.
It is pretty tricky to use in reverse though i.e. when backing out of a parking space on a steep slope, facing forward (in a manual). You basically have to rev the engine and go for it, or it will roll forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.