S1 Brake Squeak

Rockall

Reaction score
Afflicted with the dreaded Brake Squeak - a loud squeal when manoeuvring around car parks etc and very embarrassing. I've applied some of this stuff - Mintex Ceratec, a non metallic 'permanent' lubricant - to the brake pad backs, sliders, pad housing etc. All quiet at the moment and I'll let you all know how long it lasts. Apparently, metallic particles in the old copper based grease interfere with the ABS sensors.

Mintex Ceratec

Will keep you guys updated, David. Up here in the North West of Scotland, the winter climate is pretty savage with heavy rainfall, abundant use of road salt etc AND I clean my calipers by working Dodo Juice into all the nooks and crannies with a detailing brush so my S1 should be a good test of endurance for this stuff.

It does go after you have done a few miles. Mine did when new but fine now.

That's what I was hoping, Ian, but approaching 6,000 miles mine was still squealing like a pig. I'll see how long this stuff lasts.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
That's what I was hoping, Ian, but approaching 6,000 miles mine was still squealing like a pig. I'll see how long this stuff lasts.
Wow no that's a long time actually. I'm still waiting for mine to wear out and treat myself to some Tarox discs and pads. Think the callipers stop mine fine but I will upgrade the discs and pads at the front and see if I notice.