s1 clutch limit?

Sprintblu3

Reaction score
So i maybe thinking or getting a s1 in the future and noticed that a revo stage1 takes the power to 310bhp but not to sure on torque figures. Anyone know what the s1 clutch is good for before it decides to sh*t itself? Also think other people may find the thread helpful.

Yea, so mine is shitting itself, had two massive slips in the last 3 days...

I am about to start a hunt for a beefier one. Hoping all I have to change is the clutch, and not anything around it. As it is a pretty well used application (Golf GTI etc), I'm hoping aftermarket options already exist.

Yea, so mine is shitting itself, had two massive slips in the last 3 days...

I am about to start a hunt for a beefier one. Hoping all I have to change is the clutch, and not anything around it. As it is a pretty well used application (Golf GTI etc), I'm hoping aftermarket options already exist.
Uh oh so not even good enough for a stage1 power? Id imagine a uprated clutch is cheaper for the s1 than it is for the 8p s3

Hope so! Wasn't an upgrade I was planning to do as I thought it would take stage 1 too!

I accidentally smoked the clutch the other morning (was only just warmed up so likely clutch was still cold, and I slipped off the clutch pedal at high revs/25mph/3rd gear). Since then it has slipped badly twice going 1st>2nd when going hard (and warmed up), so I may have helped it along slightly, but one nasty slip event shouldn't wear a clutch out in one go.

I've also been very kind to it in it's 3.5k miles with no mega launches (as to get the best launch you have to slip the clutch due to the huge grip of quattro so as not to let the revs drop), and I nearly always rev-match on downshift.

If anyone has any recommendations on what to go for I'd appreciate it!

Reactions: Sprintblu3
If your or any
Hope so! Wasn't an upgrade I was planning to do as I thought it would take stage 1 too!

I accidentally smoked the clutch the other morning (was only just warmed up so likely clutch was still cold, and I slipped off the clutch pedal at high revs/25mph/3rd gear). Since then it has slipped badly twice going 1st>2nd when going hard (and warmed up), so I may have helped it along slightly, but one nasty slip event shouldn't wear a clutch out in one go.

I've also been very kind to it in it's 3.5k miles with no mega launches (as to get the best launch you have to slip the clutch due to the huge grip of quattro so as not to let the revs drop), and I nearly always rev-match on downshift.

If anyone has any recommendations on what to go for I'd appreciate it!
Cant you go to audi and make a case of it going only over 3.5k miles? Whatever map you have to take it off before hand?

Yea, I thought about it, but I figured I'll just be going back every 5k for a new clutch. I'd rather just spend on a decent one that will last 25-30k and give me better performance/ability to launch properly.

Reactions: Sprintblu3
Surely clutch is under warranty if its so new?

Or is it tuned up already lol?

Surely clutch is under warranty if its so new?

Or is it tuned up already lol?

See my signature... Running an FSR tuning box. Could remove it and they would never know, but see reasoning above.

ahh i see :p

im quite astounded how fast the S4 takes off the line with quattro compared to the TFSI but
i bet those S1's fly like a beast off the line on a launch being so light!!!!

It certainly does! I'll have to get the GoPro out and do a vid.
It's about the same as my SQ5 was, only it doesn't bend space time like that used to on an LC launch!