S1 Nav upgrade

JFH

Reaction score
Hi all. I am currently talking to a dealer about having the Audi MMI Sat Nav fitted to my S1. My S1 has the sat nav prep option and the MMI system with the 2 SD card slots. When talking to the dealer, they quoted me close to £700 for the sat nav card and authentication because, and I quote "the car would need two SD cards, because sat nav prep doesn't come as standard on your car, you'd need SD card 1 Prep as showing not standard on your car and SD card 2 for access to Maps". This sounds to me like the main dealer is trying to have me over the barrel personally.

Does anyone know anything about whether this is true or not? Cheers!

That’s a load of bull

The car MUST already have 2 slots to be able to upgrade.
There are 2 things you need to upgrade;
1. A license (available only from a dealer and about £400)
2. A single SD card with the maps on (available from the dealer for about £200 or a lot less from other sources!)

£700 is the default price, shop around and a dealer will do a whole package for maybe £550.

I can’t even understand what they are saying TBH, it makes no sense!! Sounds like they don’t know what they are talking about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JFH
That’s a load of bull

The car MUST already have 2 slots to be able to upgrade.
There are 2 things you need to upgrade;
1. A license (available only from a dealer and about £400)
2. A single SD card with the maps on (available from the dealer for about £200 or a lot less from other sources!)

£700 is the default price, shop around and a dealer will do a whole package for maybe £550.

I can’t even understand what they are saying TBH, it makes no sense!! Sounds like they don’t know what they are talking about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks they're mad. In response to them claiming my car doesn't have the nav prep option ticked, I have sent my optional equipment part numbers which are printed in the boot of the car. It has the code "7Q4", which is the code for "satellite navigation preparation". God knows what excuse they will have for that...

Reactions: josedebardi
Mine has the Sat Nav and TBH my iphone is IMO a better Sat Nav, constantly updated free, I have no idea how old my Map is or if yours will be up to date but mine showed me in the River the other day crossing a bridge :tearsofjoy: