S1 sport back as a daily

Raiden

Reaction score
Hi

Got a S3 8P 2 door which I have had just over a year which I love but I think maybe I should have got a 4 door but to be honest I don't like the look of them and there a bit bigger. 8V is nicer but again don't like it myself.

Its mainly just me on my own driving it but once to twice a week I carry my niece and nephew about who are teenagers (he is very big for his age) and its a pain folding the seats to get them in and out.

My question is are they too small to use everyday for passengers and put food shopping in the boot? I know it will be smaller than a S3 but is it a lot smaller?

And has anyone gone from a S3 to a S1 and regretted it? Parking in London for work everyday is ball ache so I know it will be easier in a S1. I just think for the money it looks good value.

Ill be keeping the S3 till at least the end of the year

I don't know what a S3 8P is like both as a daily and size wise, but I personally think a SB S1 would be a great choice. I think the size is just about OK, especially if you only need to take people once or twice a week. The boot is good given the size of the car and what it's direct competition would also offer for the same size of car. Get a good deal on one, and you will be a happy driver!

Reactions: Raiden
If you are looking at utilising rear seats for passengers on a regular basis and I would advise against the S1 Sportback. The space and seat comfort are far from optimal. For short journeys it ok but that is it.... My children and 13 & 14 and anything over 20 minutes drive it's not good in the rear. Luckily we have an M3 so no complaints in that.

I use my S1 SB as an everyday car and it does everything I want it to.

I'll have to try one out nearer the time to see if it's suitable. As long as I can get the shopping in it and fit a couple small suit cases I'm sure it will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they would have to be really small suitcases. I have the bose system so I know the boot is smaller not sure by how much compared to a S1 without the bose.

The boot is pathetically small to be honest - even compared to a normal A1 due to having the battery under the boot floor - and the space made for the rear diff!

I use my s1 sb as a daily and it does me fine,but its just me the wife and a 9 year old.you will struggle to get two small cases in the boot.i have always had to put one in the boot and one on the rear seat.same with shopping,if you do a big shop you will be using the rear seats as the boot is too small.

We have to put the seats down in my S1 if we do a weekly shop (non sportback), also its a one large suitcase boot. That said I v rarely need that much space so prefer the ease of getting it in and out of spaces etc :)

Deffo test drive one and see if you can live with the small boot space.

Personally, if it were me and my niece/nephew didn't fit, I'd really miss them :D !!

Reactions: Raiden and Sandra
****** kids and there not even ours lol. My niece is 20 but not a confident driver and has her own car but in time i'm sure she'll get better and my nephew is 15 but he'll be driving in a couple years.