S1 tuning

Garycoww

Reaction score
Hi just joined the site.

I have a 2014 s1 sportback and had a few questions about sensible mods I wanted to run by you guys before I either waste money or break it.

Is it even worth doing the inlet side of the ea888 as I've herd it dosent do alot.

I've spoke with AKS in Bedford about a race cat downpipe so I can keep the noise controllable, is there any negatives to this?,Nige said he could just extend the lambada sensor I belive to negate engine cel fault light.
Or should I just get a custom tune and do no supporting mods from MRC Milton Keynes.

Thanks for any light you guys can shed on this as I don't want to ruin the car,but I'd like to kick my mates *** in his GR Yaris rocket .

The clutch is the weak point here as it's already close to it's maximum torque handling.

Damn I was hoping a custom map could shift torque up the rev range and negotiate doing that.

Cheers

Always going to need a clutch in an S1 - loads do even if staying on the standard map!

Fair enough, thanks for the reply, is a new flywheel compulsory or is it only needed on high mileage cars?
Mines a one woman owner 22k

Cheers Gary

If the clutch has been slipping then it's best to replace the flywheel, if not then it should be fine, especially with such low mileage.