S1 tyres

iLikefishing

Reaction score
Anyone tried different tyres to the Bridgestone S001, well that's what came on my S1, Audi fit ? I was tempted to try Uniroyal Rainsport 3 as they were brilliant on my Fabia VRS, I have had Michelin Pilot Supersports on the front for a couple of thousand miles and in my opinion they are better then the standard fits and will be moving them to the back and fitting two more soon unless there are better ????

I have Bridgestones on the front and Conti Sport 5 on the back. Personally not hugely inspired by these tyres, especially in the wet or colder conditions. They seem fine in the dry. It seems the S1 suits the Michelin SS better, I wonder whether Michelin PS4 is available? I still have over 5mm left all round, so will look to change out late summer. Also find the road noise terrible in my S1, not sure if it is the tyres..

G

Will be looking to change to Michelin Pilot Super Sports (from the three Bridgestones & one Continental) later in the year. Had Pilot Sport 3s on my Fabia vRS and they were the best tyre I'd had fitted.

Not sure when the Pilot Sport 4 will be available (in S1 fitment) but other sources indicate the Pilot Sport 4S is the replacement for the Super Sport.

Last edited:
Road noise is high in mine too, think its just due to the 35 aspect ratio, plenty left on mine too was just planning ahead lol. Now I have heard there is to be a 4th version of the Michelins and how good the ones on the front are, in both wet and dry, I think I will have to give them a look too.
Cheers :thumbs up:

I have Michelin PSS on mine and much prefer them to the OEM Bridgestone tyres, quieter and definitely more planted on the road in both wet and dry......

I've looked for Pilot Sport 4's both times I've changed rubber, the last time I contacted Michelin and they told me they don't make them for the 35/18 fitment on our S1's - I believe if you want to fit 40/18's you can get them though

I wanted to try Vredensteins after reading some rave reviews about them but similar to the PS4 they are not available in our size.

My second full set of Michelin SS's are about done, and as far as I can gather they have been discontinued, dam shame as IMO they were awesome, not sure what to replace them with yet but definitely won't be getting the Bridgestone's as I wasn't impressed by them at all. I'm considering going up to 40 aspect ratio to be able to fit Michelin PS 4's, anyone tried this with standard suspension and 18" coke bottle wheels ?

Only reason to go 40's is if you've gone soft and want increased comfort
Bridgestones are terrible as you've found.

I can recommend the Conti Sport 6 which mine came from the factory with. Great tyre, though they do wear a bit faster than the Michelins. I had hoped they'd do the PS4s in the correct size by now as they are brilliant tyres.

Reactions: iLikefishing
It's a shame Michelin aren't doing our size, I think their are more cars than ours use this size so surely their is enough demand

I contacted Michelin to ask if they planned to make a PS5 in our size and they answered saying they have no release date for them yet, but I am hoping they will soon if not I think I am going to go soft and try the 40 aspect ratio, not particularly for comfort but to stay with the brand, as IMO if they are as good as the PSS there seems to be no better tyre

Reactions: Phazer
I got a new set of Michelin SS's a few weeks back and love them. I nearly went 225/40 so that I could get the cool black logo on the PS4/5's :tearsofjoy: PS5s were a fair bit cheaper too but as mentioned not available in 225/35 unfortunately.