S2k filter - oe quality?

dancuz

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been running an s2k filter for 12 months or so and was getting pretty dirty, so ordered a new one from car parts for less. Customer service was woeful and took at least 2 weeks to arrive. Just put it on the car and noticed that the two ends of the paper filter are glued together rather than being one single piece like the one that came off. Surely glueing is less effective and if there are small gaps (likely by the looks of things) dust will get through? I don't think this is "oem quality" as advertised or am I just being a bit particular? P.s. came in a "Japan parts" bag...

Uploadfromtaptalk1396187128725Uploadfromtaptalk1396187145581

The cone i got last year looked glued like this one, never really paid much attention and thought that's just how they are

unfortunately with these filters there are about 4 makes, only one of which is actually Honda (white plastic with green filter paper) although Honda stealers do stock other makes of filter. My one is red filter with black plastic and i'm pretty sure that mine is glued too - will have to check though. Either way, never had any problems, i'm sure they work just as well as one another or Honda themselves wouldn't stock the other branded filters.

My red bluepoint S2000 filter was heavily oiled also, where my first one wasn't.

Not an entirely consistent product it would seem....