S3 - 1st Clean

I'm currently driving a 98 Saab 900 SE while awaiting delivery of a new S3. I haven't thought about detailing in such a long time. Bring on the nanites!

Reactions: ACWKGYTO and David83S3
Snow foam is more soluble in hot water. When you heat the water up you add energy- specifically kinetic- to the atoms. They bounce around & get all agitated. Try dissolving a teaspoon of sugar in cold water- takes much longer. Additionally, therefore, the mud/oil/ dirt particles on your car become more soluble/ more agitated and hence wash off easier. (Source- A level physics some years ago). I'm sure I've over simplified it but essentially you get the idea.

Reactions: David83S3
Snow foam is more soluble in hot water. When you heat the water up you add energy- specifically kinetic- to the atoms. They bounce around & get all agitated. Try dissolving a teaspoon of sugar in cold water- takes much longer. Additionally, therefore, the mud/oil/ dirt particles on your car become more soluble/ more agitated and hence wash off easier. (Source- A level physics some years ago). I'm sure I've over simplified it but essentially you get the idea.

If my memory serves me correctly (also a levels a few years ago) you can dissolve more of something if the water is warmer as well.

You're cars looking sexual David nice work,l have only managed to give my car a good thorough snow foam/wash/degrease/interior Windows and the same on the Windows outside not had the time to do a full detail maybe in few weeks,but to be honest my car doesn't need it,it's repelling water exceeding good, even on the roof rails..Lol

Misano Red is stunning when looked after well

Haha Thanks .....planning a top up tomorrow and application of EXO V2 to the alloys and windows.

Its a Nano coating that creates a protective layer on the car. Similar to wax but will last a lot longer and is far more resistant to dirt ..scratching. ..water (beading) . First time ive used it and i must say i am very impressed.!! Car is still pretty shiney now even after 2 weeks of use.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Its a Nano coating that creates a protective layer on the car. Similar to wax but will last a lot longer and is far more resistant to dirt ..scratching. ..water (beading) . First time ive used it and i must say i am very impressed.!! Car is still pretty shiney now even after 2 weeks of use.
Anybody know if you can use it on top of wax, if you have already waxed, and also if you can wax over the top of it, i.e. is it ideally one system or the other, or can you use them together?

Anybody know if you can use it on top of wax, if you have already waxed, and also if you can wax over the top of it, i.e. is it ideally one system or the other, or can you use them together?

Won't get the benefit doing it over wax. Needs to bind to paintwork for best results.

MY GOD !! This EXO V2 beads like a mother fu**er!!!!! Lol

Awesome stuff !!!!

Reactions: Brasso
MY GOD !! This EXO V2 beads like a mother fu**er!!!!! Lol

Awesome stuff !!!!

After your results David I bought some to give it a try on top of some c1 when the s3 arrives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68 and David83S3
You got a coat of C2V3 over it yet then Dave?
I actually had to call it a day today due to back problems. Didnt even get to apply V2 to the windows and alloys :-( looks like rain soon anyway so it can wait for another day. Car is gleaming now still tho!!!

No i am heading home to rest my back lol (think im getting old)

Cleaned mine yesterday and DA'd the bonnet with Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 205 to remove the dealers swirl marks on the bonnet. Also sealed the wheels with Chemical guys Wheel Glaze.

After reading this thread got it booked in next weekend for a C1, V2 & C2V3 detail so looking forward to that and thanks for all the info and pics - good work :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and David83S3
@David83S3 - You are correct Dave, Exo V2 after stage 11 Best applied to 'bare' paintwork so to speak

Wax would be a waste of time and product after the Exo has been applied IMO. As a top up for the Exo I would give it a coat of Gtechniq C2V3 every month or so, as both Gtechniq products work best together

Like you I was an Autoglymn fan, but have I have found much better products out there TBH
For example -

But as we all know, Detailing is very subjective
Reading this forum and all the great advice has persuaded me to move from Autoglym to
Gtechniq Exo v2 & Gtechniq C1 Liquid Crystal Kit topped up with

Gtechniq C2 - Liquid Crystal v3

I will pick up my new A3 mid April. What treatment do Main dealers usually do. Hopefully they do not wax do they? I guess they take off the protective films and wash. I will ask them, but it would be great to know what they usually do as standard.

Reading this forum and all the great advice has persuaded me to move from Autoglym to
Gtechniq Exo v2 & Gtechniq C1 Liquid Crystal Kit topped up with

Gtechniq C2 - Liquid Crystal v3

I will pick up my new A3 mid April. What treatment do Main dealers usually do. Hopefully they do not wax do they? I guess they take off the protective films and wash. I will ask them, but it would be great to know what they usually do as standard.

If you are doing the Gtechic detail then I would ask the dealers not to bother touching the car, maybe just a jet wash and then you get it, go through a clean,decontamination, clay, dry, (check paint quality and polish if needed) and then get the Gtechnic on.

Best not to let the dealers do anything, especially if you are getting your own products on.

Thanks. Dealer agreed to do that. Interested to hear tips re C1 application. I see from videos that you have about 4 minutes to apply and then use first mf cloth. Ie two dabs on applicator and do one quarter bonnet then repeat on quarter two then three then four and then take off excess with one mf then buff with other mf then discard applicator and cloths?? Is that how you did it and what can go wrong and if it does, what do you do??