S3 400 mile club

Oh, I've joined the 450 club :) The vast majority of that was sitting on the motorway with cruise control set to 72mph doing a 300 mile round trip to Sheffield.

450 club

• Wow
Reactions: JohnM100 and Boydie
I am also seeing similar numbers.. 95% of my 170mile round trip commute is motorway - 72.5mph, ACC engaged. The car is batsh1t crazy fast, but I can’t stop myself wanting to get a stage 1 remap..why? Coz you can. I am convinced it will improve my mpg on my commute..

I defo want a ‘wolf in sheep’s clothing’..the the car has been de-badged, and I want to swap out my 18” s3 alloys for 17” s-lines…

Reactions: Damo S
I am convinced it will improve my mpg on my commute..
It probably wont, unfortunately. I hoped for the same but it didnt. Tried and tested.

The same was not true on a previously remapped diesel though, which added almost 10% to the mpg in like for like driving (again tried and tested).

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Interesting- are you just running a stage 1 remap? Did the mpg drop? I think that atmospheric conditions play a huge part in mpg. On the same run to work, same driving style etc etc, I can see ave mpg range from 39 -43…the only difference is the weather - or more specifically, the temperature and/ or moisture content in the air….

all I know, is that harrier jumpjets had a system to rapidly boost power when needed for the ‘hover’, which was to squirt water into the engine. presumably, the instantaneous vaporisation of the water to gas boosted the volume of the air out of the jet for the same amount of fuel…

anyway, I digress..

Interesting- are you just running a stage 1 remap? Did the mpg drop? I think that atmospheric conditions play a huge part in mpg.

It's a stage 2 custom tune but no exhaust side mods. No the mpg was the same like for like normal driving, but it drinks more if you boot it as you'd expect.
Summer v winter mpg is a world apart for me. In winter the car takes twice as long to get up to proper running temp (oil temp) so a good bit is lost there, and the colder more dense air hits the cruising mpg by possibly as much as 15%, maybe more.

My best was a range of 480miles :pride: this was after doing a round trip from Manchester to Surrey and back with cruise on the motorway at 55mph. I don't ever want to do it again as I was losing the will to live haha.

(Got to love the hypermiler S3, 2016 FL with 120k mileage)

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 45
Showing the range after filling up isn't quite the same as actually getting those miles out of it over a tank

Reactions: JohnM100
Showing the range after filling up isn't quite the same as actually getting those miles out of it over a tank
I did, I managed 478 miles with 18 still left on range out on a single tank before filling.

You do know the range goes off your most recent driving habits and adjusts accordingly, right?

Reactions: Damo S
I have owned S3 for few weeks now and I love it. It's so much different than my remapped A3 running 270BHP/420Nm.. The best result I managed so far on my recent 250 miles journey was 7.1ltr/100km comparing to 5.7l/100km in A3 on the same route. I would say that my driving style was more or less the same. Would you guys say that the difference is due to the extra 200kg of weight and QUATTRO drive?
f17411124622bcff1b7267183e0adc8a.jpg

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk