S3 8l Coolant Flange

Gray’s

Reaction score
Looking for some help/experience.. coolant flange cracked 2003 Bam. I am trying to order the part but it doesn’t look identical to the one I have when trying to way them up from photos. When I put my reg in on various sites, I get the message this part doesn’t fit your vehicle - but on other sites same part listed for my engine. Please see photos - any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 4E717CED-6062-49CE-B3D5-F0FAB493B7C2.jpeg
    4E717CED-6062-49CE-B3D5-F0FAB493B7C2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 920
  • EC875AEC-81D0-422E-A247-1C4E613F1891.jpeg
    EC875AEC-81D0-422E-A247-1C4E613F1891.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 193
Looking for some help/experience.. coolant flange cracked 2003 Bam. I am trying to order the part but it doesn’t look identical to the one I have when trying to way them up from photos. When I put my reg in on various sites, I get the message this part doesn’t fit your vehicle - but on other sites same part listed for my engine. Please see photos - any help greatly appreciated.
Try and order a cast aluminium one from eBay and I put a least three of these on over the years they tend to warp with the heat of the head also have you checked the oring where the sensor goes in as these sometimes fail.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Cast...87C/123797651076?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back.. I have seen them and would probably upgrade to aluminium but even this coolant flange part looks different from mine.. am I missing something here. See photos

Attachments

• F85BBFBF-A915-4FF8-A175-18E62A43525F.png
    F85BBFBF-A915-4FF8-A175-18E62A43525F.png
    982.4 KB · Views: 199
  • B2F632F0-C104-4059-BE90-32CBE1C61472.png
    B2F632F0-C104-4059-BE90-32CBE1C61472.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 230
Thanks for getting back.. I have seen them and would probably upgrade to aluminium but even this coolant flange part looks different from mine.. am I missing something here. See photos
How many outlets on the flange not including the sensor? I put a different variation aluminium one on mine and it's no problem as long as the coolant flows correctly.

How many outlets on the flange not including the sensor? I put a different variation aluminium one on mine and it's no problem as long as the coolant flows correctly.

3 outlets not including the sensor.. one small one below you can’t see in photo. I’m not much of a mechanic but during this time thought I’d try and fix her myself. looks like this part is a bit of a mystery I was thinking maybe it was a last minute change to the S3 8l as one of last made before 8p - think il take a punt on the aluminium kit. Thanks for your help

Reactions: MPH
3 outlets not including the sensor.. one small one below you can’t see in photo. I’m not much of a mechanic but during this time thought I’d try and fix her myself. looks like this part is a bit of a mystery I was thinking maybe it was a last minute change to the S3 8l as one of last made before 8p - think il take a punt on the aluminium kit. Thanks for your help
As long as you got three outlets shouldn't be a problem relatively easy to change apart from one bracket that's in the way but you can bend it if necessary to make room pretty sure the ally one should fit plus if you use the link I sent you you get various other parts included for a really good price clean up any interior burring with a drill bit and smooth with any method of your choice put my aluminium on years ago problem free to date good luck all the best MPH.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There are a couple of version of these housings... they all fit the head but the hoses will be different... the S3 one (as your original) routes out the side to connect to the heater pipe... the others are sometimes found on TT's iirc and also longitudinal 1.8t's (A4 etc)

It will fit and 'work' but would require you to sort the hoses out to get it all connected

I'd hold out for the correct part tbh or you could have a look at 7zap parts catalogue and see if you can work out what hoses you need...

<tuffty/>

There are a couple of version of these housings... they all fit the head but the hoses will be different... the S3 one (as your original) routes out the side to connect to the heater pipe... the others are sometimes found on TT's iirc and also longitudinal 1.8t's (A4 etc)

It will fit and 'work' but would require you to sort the hoses out to get it all connected

I'd hold out for the correct part tbh or you could have a look at 7zap parts catalogue and see if you can work out what hoses you need...

<tuffty/>

Thanks tuffty.. been in the garage seeing if I could make the replacement flange work with my set up.. I could but would mean bending one hose out of shape - I think as you mentioned - the heating hose to fit. Not really keen on this and would prefer original setup/part but would go for upgraded part.