S3 8l fuel pump

Goubo1

Reaction score
How sort of power levels would a brand new genuine oem fuel pump support ?

low 300's unaided, perhaps mid 300's....

My 600+bhp ibiza runs an S3 in tank pump, which delivers 3.3ltr/min no load as a boring factoid

Reactions: Goubo1
To put what Bill said into context... the S3 pump fills a swirl tank that feeds a pair of Bosch 044 pumps... IIRC Bill calculated the swirl tank would potentially empty in around 45 seconds at full chat...

<tuffty/>

low 300's unaided, perhaps mid 300's....

My 600+bhp ibiza runs an S3 in tank pump, which delivers 3.3ltr/min no load as a boring factoid

cheers bill a new oem fuel pump should cover me then without the need to go inline as well ,I need to get a new pump soon for piece of mind

To put what Bill said into context... the S3 pump fills a swirl tank that feeds a pair of Bosch 044 pumps... IIRC Bill calculated the swirl tank would potentially empty in around 45 seconds at full chat...

<tuffty/>

er, yea.. that makes more sense :)

S3 in tank fills 2ltr swirl pot, off which feeds 2 x Bosch 044, which blow thru -8 to the fuel rail(s) up front to Aeromotive FPR and returns to swirl pot in -6 and then back to tank.

3.3ltr no load gives me a limited limt on full chat.. 40 odd secs as tuffty says (by calculation never tried it) before emptying the swirl pot.

3.3ltr no load is best flow conditions remember..
A lot of BT builds need healthy in tank S3 pump + inline DA-31/bosch 044 as well...

My S3 pump has been in my tank since 2003 when I was IHI'd way back, on low 300bhp and was adequate then