S3 8P CTS catch can filling up very fast.

ILLUXN

Reaction score
Hi there,

Since I have installed my CTS Catch can I have noticed it's been filling up really fast. Every week its filled till the top and I clean it out fully every time. What could be the reasons of this? Ofcourse doing small trips around town etc, but not more than a full fuel tank a week. My water isn't decreasing, and my oil level is fine.
I'm talking about this catchcan in particular: http://www.ctsturbo.com/cart/products/CTS_Turbo_Golf_R_TT_S_A3_Catch_Can_Kit-4465-581.html

It's a rather small one, but it shouldn't fill up this fast surely?
Edit: a quick picture from a couple of weeks ago:
https://i.gyazo.com/8f4fb7fea7fe11ed5b89ce952c96ce39.png
Thanks =)

problem is pvc and it bad, you need to check your engine ASAP, I know some tfsi got serious problem with that (on forum there was someone that failed even the MOT on emissions test and went to audi dealership to solve that) , I would start to check the breather situation, in worst case could be engine rebuilt.

Maybe some simpler checks before we start screaming engine rebuild?

Have you got the same gunk under the oil cap or around the dipstick? Are you keeping up with oil changes etc? Whats your fuel consumption like? Any smoke from exhuast? Remapped?

Check some really obvious things too, seal and connections good on the catch can and the connector plate, no weeping or gunk round them.

Maybe some simpler checks before we start screaming engine rebuild?

Have you got the same gunk under the oil cap or around the dipstick? Are you keeping up with oil changes etc? Whats your fuel consumption like? Any smoke from exhuast? Remapped?

Check some really obvious things too, seal and connections good on the catch can and the connector plate, no weeping or gunk round them.

Its an MTM stage 3 remapped S3 running 380bhp and 480nm. I have minimal gunk under the oil cap, dipstick has no gunk at all. Oil changes every 5k kilometres, although I'm due this time (almost at 6k). Fuel consumption is around 400km with a full fuel tank but it's driven fairly sporty.

Thanks. Catchcan has no seal anymore since it broke (its a pita to get it on and off every week without crushing it), but there's no gunk around it, it closes of really well.