S3 8p fueling issue help

Turbo_scotty

Reaction score
basically cars suppost to be stage 2 but never really felt that quick when I bought it I have a receipt for the map and an sps switch witch works with the car no problem so I no its deffo a revo map .

Anyway I can run the car in Eco ( number 2 sps ) but if I put it on number 3 ( full spastic ) car doesn't want to no just goes flat and feels like a snail

No matter what setting its in it will always throw this code

P310B/012555 - Low Pressure Fuel regulation: Fuel Pressure Outside Specification

Any ideas ? Bad lift pump or hpfp ?

In block 106 my fuel pump is also sitting around 65-70% on idle I've fitted a new fuel filter so it's not that

Any help would be great as this is driving me up the wall

Thanks in advance Scott

i've read that is a thrust sensor, and it needs replacing, or a complete hpfp.

this is what i've found on google..hope it helps

Low Fuel Pressure Sensor Failure
Background/Symptom:
You may get the following DTC’s:
012555 - Low Pressure Fuel regulation: Fuel Pressure Outside Specification
P310B - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent - MIL ON

004767 - Low-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulation: Pressure too High
P129F - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded – Intermittent

-The first symptom is typically stalling when first starting the car cold.
-Typically, the problem gets worse, and can lead to fuel cutouts at almost any rpm and/or car stalling/running lean/rich

Solution: Replace low fuel pressure sensor (thurst sensor), vw part #06E906051J
Sometimes, the high pressure fuel pump will be replaced at the same time (#1 in pic below)

fuelpressuresensor.jpg

but i guess someone with more knowledge will be able to confirm.

Thanks for the reply but I've tryed changing that sorry I should have said that was the first thing I read online :( my guessing is my lift pump is on its way out I've read that 60-70% on idle means it's overworking ??

Still I'm unsure hopefully someone can shed some light

Thanks for the reply but I've tryed changing that sorry I should have said :( my guessing is my lift pump is on its way out I've read that anything over 55-60% is bad

I have had an intermittent p2293 on my car, already don’t the cam follower.

Do you think I will need to get a new thrust sensor, if so which revision? Is k the latest?

06E906051K