S3 8p Rear Shocks

Tomrun

Reaction score
Hi

I need to get some new rear shocks for my 2009 s3 8p. I've got H&r 25mm lowering springs.
Been looking on Euro car parts and autodoc but not sure what the best manufacturer is to go for?
Sachs Koni or any other.

Please could someone point me in the right direction.

Hi thanks for the reply.

Is there any more reasonably price set around. I can't really be spending 200 atm as I have a kid on the way. was looking at the Sachs ones for just over 100. Will they do the job for now or are they really crap

I don't really know what I am looking for of I'm honest there seems to be a lot of different kinds which all look different.
Would I be possible for you to send me some links to some different options

From what I gather H&R springs are on the more track focused side thus are stiffer and Eibach are road orientated , with the Eibach you can put standard dampers on no problem .

With H&R you REALLY do need the more uprated damper to control the stiffer H&R springs .

Stiff spring and a damper that is too weak - you won't need a baby bouncer.

Reactions: LJA
Hmm interesting when I researched about different lowering spring options everyone raved about h&r springs...so that's what I went for.

Now I'm thinking might be worth considering changing to eibach if they are slightly softer. Because the misses keeps hinting that I need to sell the car because the suspension is too hard.

I've done a bit of research and read that bilstein b8s are for 40mm drop springs or more?

of I was to fit these would the improve my ride smoothness and comfortability?
or would it make it a harsh ride compared to the stock shocks

Budget isn't really allowing me to change my while set up so I'm sticking with h&r 25mm lowering springs.

I have decide to change shocks all round.

Bilstein being a bit expensive I have found the Koni str. t shock absorbers which seem to quote reasonably priced, suitable for up to 40mm drop and give a ride with a bit of comfort.

Has anyone else had experience with these or got the same set up and can give me any reviews?

Just a thought, is it worth replacing with standard parts? I know you've already purchased the springs but if you mix and match for a combo that's not well suited then it's not only you and the Mrs at risk but a new baby too - all to lower the car. @Gazwould and @mechanic69 have given sound advice; sorry to sound like a Dad but with 3 kids myself I've learnt to do it right or not at all (I'll pull my tin hat on now).

If you must proceed drop @DPM a message and they'll direct you right.

Reactions: DPM
The reason I changed the springs in the first place was because the rear spring was broken. and I also really like the way it sits
The ride isn't actually too bad so I think it should be fine when I get new shocks.
Just wondering if anyone had this set up before

Reactions: samuelh_888
The reason I changed the springs in the first place was because the rear spring was broken. and I also really like the way it sits
The ride isn't actually too bad so I think it should be fine when I get new shocks.
Just wondering if anyone had this set up before

Fair-call yep, sorry I didn't answer your questions.