S3 8p2 Holding Back

Deanjames

Reaction score
Was hoping someone can help me.

I noticed last night on the way home that when accelerating occasionally it holds the revs for a couple of seconds then is fine, as an example I will be in third put my foot down to accelerate I hit about 5 on the rev limiter it will stick at 5 for a few seconds then it will stick at five and then be fine.

I have checked all hoses for leaks etc, the car is not remapped and is standard.

Don't own a S3 but is it the needle sticking or the car physically hesitating?

Again don't have a S3 but is that in the factory map? I know the R32 which I've driven plenty of has a well documented hesitation from factory

Sorry I couldn't help further

Check your plugs as a first step. These are known to start failing and causing misfires. I usually replace them every 10k miles.

Don't own a S3 but is it the needle sticking or the car physically hesitating?

Again don't have a S3 but is that in the factory map? I know the R32 which I've driven plenty of has a well documented hesitation from factory

Sorry I couldn't help further

Car is physically holding back, seems to be since the change is weather other times it is totally fine.
Check your plugs as a first step. These are known to start failing and causing misfires. I usually replace them every 10k miles.

Thanks i will take a look the weekend car was fully serviced about 5k ago.