S3 8V from West London

Reaction score
Hello all
Just got one, will be lurking around for a bit getting used to things before I start contributing / participating
Feel free to say hi if you’re near Heathrow
:icon thumright:

Reactions: NIKLDN and Sandra
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net

Reactions: toooldforboyracing
Welcome !

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'm not near Heathrow but I'm still going to say hi & welcome. Get yourself over to the A3/S3 8V section of the forum as there's lots about your model lurking in there.

I'm not near Heathrow but I'm still going to say hi & welcome. Get yourself over to the A3/S3 8V section of the forum as there's lots about your model lurking in there.
Oh I’ve been poring over the threads trying to figure out how to look after it. Used to mod my previous cars but with this one, I’m like that old Lexus ad with the teenage son being found by his father, listening to classical music in the comfy chair.

I hope this doesn’t mean I’ve grown up, because that means I’ve given up. It goes totally against my credo

I've always done my own serving but the first few were at my local Indi to keep my Audi used car warranty valid. With my warranty nearly over I've been doing lots of research & already serviced my Haldex with DSG (S-Tronic for us posh Audi folks) next on the list along with the so called sealed for life front+rear diffs.
You're never too old to learn new tricks with the S3 not being to dissimilar to other vehicles. It's the quirky bits you have to be aware of. Just a different shape to the Golf R with more info out there for that model ;) it's about knowing where too look for what you need to know.

I figured it’s just an evolution from the first K04 TFSI’s in the late noughties. Had a Cupra for almost 10 years (think a few of the seatcupra.net lads ended up here since 2007) and did it all on that myself, but I can’t be dealing with floor working anymore and it takes me a day to recover from anything strenuous aside from procreation

I’ll probably go down the route of uprating consumables as they need replacing like disks, brake fluid, pads & filters etc
Power increase via a map is tentative but in reality with onset of average speed cameras down the “fun” roads, you can’t enjoy it as much. May do it down the road though.
STronic mapping is on the cars, but this’ll be thread searching / reading etc before I figure out if I pull the trigger

Current plan is this…

Disk / pad replacements
Front Grille airflow dremel
Airbox grille removal
VCDS / Carista tweaks
Some aesthetic engine bay mods like colour silicone hoses and so on. In the previous bay’s it was a sea of black piping and this time round I’d rather like a decent look to it all.
I’ll search around and see, and also check out your 8V diary and other threads for inspiration

I think the 8V is peak petrol motoring now we’ve got GPF’s and whilst the nice electrics are pretty steep, figured I’d run this for a while before I get the orange travelcard in the post

I made little mistake was thinking he try to buy 8y from.west london audi