S3 8v service history

lee s3

top gear
Reaction score
Hi, interested in getting an s3 8v. I’ve seen a lovely one which has 64 platewith 56k on the clock. The downside is no proof of dsg or haldex service, and also a gap of 3 years between service at 30k and 56k.
I could get the dsg and haldex done straight away, how much would this put you off buying? Also, thinking of how it would affect resale?
Thanks

have you tried contacting Audi to see if the DSG was done? I would be nervous with the gearbox as this must be done at 38K. if not and there was actually no oil change in 26K then deffo a no no as the next buyer will have the same concerns as you are now. Is it cheap? the lack of servicing etc just makes me think they have been cheap on the whole car, what tyres has it got?
The Haldex oil needs to be done every year imo but at the end of the day a new rear diff isnt the end of the world but an engine and DSG will be

Spoke with Audi, it had a dsg and haldex service at 49k in 2020.
It doesn’t have any service receipts for 2018 or 2019 and it covered 33k in that time, could have been serviced independently but no receipts

All tyres are PS4 with decent tread

Last edited:
Its an odd one, so they did the DSG service but not the engine. Id hazard a guess that if the owner was paying Audi to do the DSG and Haldex then they must have been interested in getting the engine serviced too - most likely by themselves or at an indi.
The risks are - How often if so??
Also the DSG was serviced quite late - if driven very frugally then its probably ok but any wear inside the box will present itself later in life so you wont really know the condition of it. They have fitted good tyres so that would say they are not cheapskates. If the tyres are quite new then they wont tell you much how it was driven.

All I'll say is if you have any doubts walk away. You'll know when you find the right one :s3addict:
I have walked away from that one. Viewed another today which is almost perfect, just missing the b&o and super sports but I don’t know if that’s enough to put me off as the service history and maintenance are perfect