S3 Alarm

JezzaA

Reaction score
This afternoon the alarm started going off on my s3 after I had unlocked the car, I think the boot wasn’t shut properly so this probably confused it but no matter what I did the alarm continued to sound.

How are you supposed to stop the alarm in these scenarios, I read the manual and it said to unlock the car or start the car. Neither of these stopped it. In the end it stopped by itself but just wanting to know how, in future, to stop the thing!

This afternoon the alarm started going off on my s3 after I had unlocked the car, I think the boot wasn’t shut properly so this probably confused it but no matter what I did the alarm continued to sound.

How are you supposed to stop the alarm in these scenarios, I read the manual and it said to unlock the car or start the car. Neither of these stopped it. In the end it stopped by itself but just wanting to know how, in future, to stop the thing!
Usually unlocking it and sometimes turning ignition on solves the problem - well it did on the 8V who knows with the 8Y

I’ve just had the exact same issue today on my S3, locked the car walked over to pay for parking, realised you don’t need to pay until you leave so came back to grab a few things and as soon as I opened the door the alarm was going off.

Jumped in started the ignition still going off, opened and closed every door including the boot no success.

Drove a few hundred yards to a new parking spot with the alarm still going off no success, popped the bonnet and closed it again and it seemed to sort the issue.

Didn’t help I was at Hamsterly Forest and had no signal. My first issue with the car after 1700 miles apart from the MMI flickering using CarPlay.

Will give the dealer a shout tomorrow.

I’ve just had the exact same issue today on my S3, locked the car walked over to pay for parking, realised you don’t need to pay until you leave so came back to grab a few things and as soon as I opened the door the alarm was going off.

Jumped in started the ignition still going off, opened and closed every door including the boot no success.

Drove a few hundred yards to a new parking spot with the alarm still going off no success, popped the bonnet and closed it again and it seemed to sort the issue.

Didn’t help I was at Hamsterly Forest and had no signal. My first issue with the car after 1700 miles apart from the MMI flickering using CarPlay.

Will give the dealer a shout tomorrow.
At least it isn’t just me then! It’s only happened the once so will wait until it happens again then will throw it at the dealers.

Reactions: mark2380
So just had this problem with my S3 2021 8Y. Unlocked the car in the garage alarm immediately went off and no way of stopping it. Lock / unlock / start engine, still going off!! Decided to drive to Audi and after about 1 mile of it still going off it stopped. Audi going to look at it today! Any ideas?

Update: Edinburgh Audi have kept the car and the alarm did the same thing this morning. Audi have said it needs a replacement alarm siren module, which they now have to order. Hopefully not too long to wait, but better than the alarm going off all the time.