S3 and golf r exhaust

AlS3BE

Reaction score
just a quick question
Is the chrome tailpipes on the golf r exhaust the same as the s3 exhaust?
Cheers

just a quick question
Is the chrome tailpipes on the golf r exhaust the same as the s3 exhaust?
Cheers
Not 100% sure but I think they're a slightly different shape. Golf R are more oval

Reactions: TYb and AlS3BE
A few golf r exhaust near me for sale.
Was thinking of pinching the tips and get them powder coated or something as mine is quite badly pitted and caked in black soot.

A few golf r exhaust near me for sale.
Was thinking of pinching the tips and get them powder coated or something as mine is quite badly pitted and caked in black soot.

Get some brake cleaner on your tips, spray a highly concentrated solution on first and let it soak, scrub with an alloy bristle brush, then use hot water and brake cleaner again to get them nice. That’s what I did to mine and they look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get some brake cleaner on your tips, spray a highly concentrated solution on first and let it soak, scrub with an alloy bristle brush, then use hot water and brake cleaner again to get them nice. That’s what I did to mine and they look great

Chrome is missing on some bits of mine so needing a bit more than spit and polish.
Not tried brake cleaner but tried a few non corrosive chemicals like tar remover and some of the black stuff budges then notice missing chrome around the tip. It’s pretty bad for a 1 year old car to be honest.

Chrome is missing on some bits of mine so needing a bit more than spit and polish.
Not tried brake cleaner but tried a few non corrosive chemicals like tar remover and some of the black stuff budges then notice missing chrome around the tip. It’s pretty bad for a 1 year old car to be honest.

Yeah that’s a bit sh*t for a 1 year old car, mines 10 end of the year and is still fresh

Yeah that’s a bit sh*t for a 1 year old car, mines 10 end of the year and is still fresh

My last few cars diesels and petrol never had this problem including one with 140k. Quick wipe with wet microfibre and it was done. This s3 been bad after a week and now notice pitting and missing chrome bites.

My last few cars diesels and petrol never had this problem including one with 140k. Quick wipe with wet microfibre and it was done. This s3 been bad after a week and now notice pitting and missing chrome bites.

Have you been back to Audi with it? I’d imagine it’s covered by warranty if you haven’t modded it or had a crash

then notice missing chrome around the tip.
It’s pretty bad for a 1 year old car to be honest.
Mine is around the same age and I have been noticing some pitting in the chrome on the front faces. Its not what you would call bad, but definitely shouldn't be there at all at this age....especially considering I clean my tips with a paper towel inside and out every day when I put my car in the garage, so are always spotless.
Looks like the chroming process has not been done properly...or at least not in a way that is designed to last. :(

Have you been back to Audi with it? I’d imagine it’s covered by warranty if you haven’t modded it or had a crash

Waiting to hear back but the service guy said it’s unlikely.

Mine is around the same age and I have been noticing some pitting in the chrome on the front faces. Its not what you would call bad, but definitely shouldn't be there at all at this age....especially considering I clean my tips with a paper towel inside and out every day when I put my car in the garage, so are always spotless.
Looks like the chroming process has not been done properly...or at least not in a way that is designed to last. :(

It’s either not manufactured/finished properly or the spray from the tyres is ruining the finish. Chrome should be quite tough.
Either way it shouldn’t be my problem so thought about getting another set and get them powder coated or something so I don’t need to deal with it. Maybe I should have waited a few weeks and got a wltp car. They don’t have this problem:wink:

It’s either not manufactured/finished properly or the spray from the tyres is ruining the finish. Chrome should be quite tough.
Either way it shouldn’t be my problem so thought about getting another set and get them powder coated or something so I don’t need to deal with it. Maybe I should have waited a few weeks and got a wltp car. They don’t have this problem:wink:

It’s probably just a new cheaper process, Emmy dads 67 VW camper still has shiny chrome bits and that sat in a scrapyard in Cali for years and in the uk outside for over a decade. Just cheap sh*t, I’d say might aswell get an aftermarket system from a reputable brand.
What’s a wltp car?

Waiting to hear back but the service guy said it’s unlikely.
I complained about the quality of chrome and pitting at first oil change service. Audi (dealer anyway) wouldn't replace them under warranty.
My 2013 1.8 A3 chrome tips only got cleaned a handful of times in three years but always came up like new.

My A3 diesel tips cleaned up easy regardless of how long I went without cleaning them. My S3 tips need wiped down weekly at least to keep ontop of them otherwise they’re a b*tch to clean. Dunno if it’s diesel vs petrol fuel or what, but something coming out the exhaust that is different.