S3 and RS3 weight difference

bqik

hello,

I was curious about the S3 and RS3 weight difference and distribution.

I have always said : the S3 handles better than the RS3 and feels more neutral.

But.. I was surprised at the little difference in weight between them.

S3 and RS3 are configured with same extras with the exception of no sunroof in the RS3.

Full tank each one

S3:
S3.jpg

RS3
RS3.jpg

Regards

Bqik

Last edited:
S

simonali

Bit lardy, aren't they? I'm sure the Golf R was only around 1400kg when Autocar weighed it for their road test. If it really is 150kg lighter then no wonder it handles better...

Simon L

Gold Supporter
Bit lardy, aren't they? I'm sure the Golf R was only around 1400kg when Autocar weighed it for their road test. If it really is 150kg lighter then no wonder it handles better...

Yeah but that'll be the cheap ****** interior making the Golf lighter..................:whistle2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Sunroof is around 18kg.

Think in pre facelift the weight difference was around 70kg but with the facelift and new 5 pot it's now going to be more like 40kg (talking claimed kerb weights).

terminator x

New saloon RS3 engine supposed to be about 26kg lighter so perhaps S3 and RS3 will then be about the same overall weight?

TX.

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
It's my birthday

Simon L

Gold Supporter

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
It's my birthday
You're worth it big boy ;)

BRI_bR-CMAA8FOV.jpg
Awesome had that product in my head.....during me posting.....but a coudny be bothered trying te be funny.....lol

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
It's my birthday
Difference between full and empty tank of petrol is about 40kg. I can certainly notice a difference in handling between full and empty tank with only me on board and is more balanced with a full,tank

Me cars tank has never been full since l got it.....not like me.....always tanked up.....lol

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
It's my birthday
Fill mines twice a month at most. Helps that I only have a 14 miles round trip to work!!

Am £50 bangers a week,was in the red on the way home popped into a filling station in Kirkintilloch £1,17 a litre.....grrrrr

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
It's my birthday
That's steep, what premium you using?? Blantyre ASDA still £1.10 a litre diesel.
It was on a shell station mate and it was the cheapest unleaded l used,super unleaded was £1,23,won't be back there

Simon L

Gold Supporter
Ye bunch of girls whining about the price of fuel......lol

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
It's my birthday
Ye bunch of girls whining about the price of fuel......lol

A walk further a day than you drive that ornament of yours a day lol

Simon L

Gold Supporter
A walk further a day than you drive that ornament of yours a day lol

Fast, sharp and precise comeback...........taught you well I have my not so young apprentice lol

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
It's my birthday