S3 at night under streetlamp

subby

Reaction score
Hi,

Got so many normal day photos of the S3, i decided to try something else.

I think it came out ok but has a bit of camera shake (was expected with 6s s/s - was a tad windy on a flimsy tripod)

DSC03085Medium.jpg

Also a bit random, but some interesting photos from the most recent goodwood revival:

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/Sub28/

Cheers

Last edited:
I like it. Nice moody shot! It's good to try different things and I know what you mean about having lots of similar shots! I've not had a chance to get out and shoot my A3 since buying it a few weeks ago, so hoping to do that this weekend and will post the pics.

Just as a suggestion, if you can keep the camera still enough on your tripod, try a very small aperture to give the headlights that 'star' look.

thanks, will try that ! Need to get a better tripod though as mine is just a cheapo one that does move alot.

thanks, will try that ! Need to get a better tripod though as mine is just a cheapo one that does move alot.

I tend to shoot from low positions when shooting cars so the camera doesnt have to be that high. Grab a sturdy box or something to sit your camera on till there's a few pennies for a chunkier tripod.

Nice pic, and I agree about the aperture too :)

yea problem was that with a lower aperture you obviously have to have a very long s/s and it was a bit too windy for that.

Yea i think lower down would have looked much better.

very nice shot m8, ive just got a nikon d40 dslr n lookin to get into photography hope i can get some nice shots like tha

Nice one mate - I'm gonna try something similar when the rain stops!