S3 Audi extended warranty?

S32B

Reaction score
Anyone bought it once their 3 years is up, if so at what cost? I looked on the Audi website, but it just quotes on a 1.6 with a £250 excess.

A mate of mine said he'd buy my car off me if I leave it until next year. Going on the silly prices Audi want to give me for it I may just hang on and we both get a good deal out of it. 'We buy any car' are offering £1,000 more than Audi! :D

Thanks

Anyone bought it once their 3 years is up, if so at what cost? I looked on the Audi website, but it just quotes on a 1.6 with a £250 excess.

A mate of mine said he'd buy my car off me if I leave it until next year. Going on the silly prices Audi want to give me for it I may just hang on and we both get a good deal out of it. 'We buy any car' are offering £1,000 more than Audi! :D

Thanks

Audi warranty website here

There are choices for full or named cover,along with a choice of excess. I found when extending mine it was actually cheaper than Warranty Direct/ Wise and that was for the full cover let alone just named. So if you are thinking about it by all means shop about but dont ignore the Audi one as it was far more reasonable than I expected.

Price is different based on Audi model and mileage and what excess you choose, just enter your registration for a quote. From memory mine was about £450.

You do however need to extend the warranty BEFORE your car is out of warranty as although Audi may still honour and allow you to extend after its just lapsed I understand the price rockets.

I extended mine for total peace of mind,
Hopefully however I wont need it !

Regds
Jungle

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Audi warranty website here

There are choices for full or named cover,along with a choice of excess. I found when extending mine it was actually cheaper than Warranty Direct/ Wise and that was for the full cover let alone just named. So if you are thinking about it by all means shop about but dont ignore the Audi one as it was far more reasonable than I expected.

Price is different based on Audi model and mileage and what excess you choose, just enter your registration for a quote. From memory mine was about £450.

You do however need to extend the warranty BEFORE your car is out of warranty as although Audi may still honour and allow you to extend after its just lapsed I understand the price rockets.

I extended mine for total peace of mind,
Hopefully however I wont need it !

Regds
Jungle
Thanks for the reply mate, the link is the one I tried, but at the moment it just tells me: Sorry, but we only offer extended warranty on vehicles that are outside their manufacturers warranty.

£450 for yours was full cover with what excess? Does it also cover breakdown as well, or do you have to buy that as an extra...I've used that twice this year for wheel changes, one at home and one whilst going on holiday after I hit this with a car full of kit :( and then got a flat.

Strange it will not give you a quote. I was looking at options for extended cover long before the initial warranty period passed.

My excess is £100. Warranty is for UK and when travelling through Europe. It does not include Breakdown cover.

Here is a link to the Audi warranty booklet.

Reactions: S32B
Sorry, but we only offer extended warranty on vehicles that are outside their manufacturers warranty.

Your car has to be outside of the three years warranty (or very close to it) in order to proceed.

I used the same site (warranty is with Audi Finance). I believe there is a 30-45 day window after the 3 years has expired for you to take up the extended warranty.
I paid in full, £0 excess, full components £345 I think.

Already used it once which went through with no problems with the dealer.

See my thread below as i went through the hassle of getting the warranty and searching for one recently. Would love to know how @Jimbo10 got that price? Mine is a 1.6tdi Sport so I paid £400 for Full component cover, £0 excess and 15k miles. Yours will be more as your engine is bigger so bank on it being £500 for a similar deal but around that for a Named Component warranty. Unfortunately the above post is incorrect but @jungle650 is correct. You have 1 month before the cars 3rd year birthday to buy the warranty and get a quote online. It does NOT have to be outside warranty to get a quote but within that 1 month timeframe. if you get it before your warranty runs out then its cheaper, and more expensive if you are out of warranty. Read my thread to see what i went though, especially my post number 53 as it will explain a bit more.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-extended-warranty-wtf.307569/

Breakdown cover is £145 for 2 years which covers you for everything with Audi Assist who use The AA. very very worth it as the like for like cover with The AA is over £200 a year. If you do it before it runs out, i.e. before your cars 3rd year birthday then its £145 but if not then its £155.

Last edited:
I don't think I'll be bothering. 2.0 tdi comp cover 15k+ per yr with £0 excess, as the highest level of cover!!

Upload 2017 6 29 17 0 23

Or named with £250 excess as the lowest level. Neither strike me as being particularly vfm.

Upload 2017 6 29 17 1 46

Wasn't much cheaper towards the end of the 3rd yr either. Taking the warranties back in house has really increased the cost of cover. (Now underwritten by VAG rather than Allianz) I was paying approx £25 per month on my previous Audi extended comp warranty when under Allianz.

Last edited:
Reactions: S32B and Ormesome
I don't think I'll be bothering. 2.0 tdi comp cover 15k+ per yr with £0 excess, as the highest level of cover!!

View attachment 129429

Or named with £250 excess as the lowest level. Neither strike me as being particularly vfm.

View attachment 129430

Wasn't much cheaper towards the end of the 3rd yr either. Taking the warranties back in house has really increased the cost of cover. (Now underwritten by VAG rather than Allianz) I was paying approx £25 per month on my previous Audi extended comp warranty when under Allianz.

Mate have you read my thread in my message above? because i got quotes like that before i gave Audi a call. Basically there is an internal system and if you aren't on that system or its not been updated with your details, then you will get quoted almost double. I don't know exactly how it works but if you read my thread then you will see that i was getting quoted around £1k too but then when i called them, they added me to the system and 2 minutes later i got massively reduced prices. What this system really is, i don't know! i asked and they mentioned it being a separate database to do just with warranties, nothing dealer or Audi Assist based, totally separate. If your not on the system then you will get quotes that are inflated, for example: the scenario if you have taken out the warranty when the standard 3yrs has finished and your not still within your existing 3yr warranty, hence why some info given by people on this thread is incorrect, you HAVE to take the extended warranty out whilst still in warranty to get the discounts. Anyway, they added me and i got it for £400. I called, complained prices were high, they noticed i wasn't on the database and then i got the price change. call them, worth a try!

Thread here incase you missed it:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-extended-warranty-wtf.307569/

Last edited:
See my thread below as i went through the hassle of getting the warranty and searching for one recently. Would love to know how @Jimbo10 got that price?

Maybe it was my lucky day. Who knows. Here's confirmation of my cover.
FYI. When I purchased the car it was 16 days over the original 3 year cover. So it would appear that prices do not suddenly increase if you do not take out the warranty just before the 3 years is up.

IMG 1936

Reactions: S32B and Ormesome
Maybe it was my lucky day. Who knows. Here's confirmation of my cover.
FYI. When I purchased the car it was 16 days over the original 3 year cover. So it would appear that prices do not suddenly increase if you do not take out the warranty just before the 3 years is up.

View attachment 129436

Wow! 14k miles at 3yrs old! no wonder it cost less than mine! 1.4 petrol might have something to do with it too, not sure though as can't compare. Same cover as mine though.

Re: the timeframe of when to take out the policy, I'm just relaying what i was told when i was on the phone to Audi and the difference in quotes i got. i would say its safer to start looking at quotes 1 month from when it expires as per the wording on the extended warranty website.

Just a point to make, i just put my details in the extended warranty website and got this quote. £627 for the same cover if i take it out today. My car was 3yrs on April 1st, so the quote today is for a car with 3yrs and 3months old. I got cover for £437 in April when i was still in warranty and at 2yrs old and 11months.

Screen Shot 2017 06 29 at 232930

Last edited:
Cheers guys, I grabbed a couple or 14 plate S3 reg number off auto trader and tried them (both same miles), one came in at £800 the other £400, so matches what you say about getting it before the 3 years is fully up :)

Hopefully I'll get a better px price later in the year and switch the car, if not I'll be keeping it until next year and a mate will buy it off me. But for mine and his peace of mind I'd throw a 12 month warranty on it :)

Reactions: Ormesome
Cheers guys, I grabbed a couple or 14 plate S3 reg number off auto trader and tried them (both same miles), one came in at £800 the other £400, so matches what you say about getting it before the 3 years is fully up :)

Hopefully I'll get a better px price later in the year and switch the car, if not I'll be keeping it until next year and a mate will buy it off me. But for mine and his peace of mind I'd throw a 12 month warranty on it :)

good luck mate. don't forget that this warranty isn't transferable if you sell the car so its not really a selling point if thats what you were hoping too! (extended warranty booklet on the last page - photo below!)

Amended my post above just before you posted so that info might interest you re: the price of out or in warranty buying of the extended warranty.

Screen Shot 2017 06 29 at 233820

Mate have you read my thread in my message above? because i got quotes like that before i gave Audi a call.
Hi Ormesome, Yes I did do it initially before the 3 yrs was up as I had the renewal invite to do so & it wasn't much cheaper. Basically the cost sky rockets as I need the 15k miles + policy option.

Personally I think the VAG 3yrs / 60k miles manufacturers warranty is a poor offering / low manufacturers faith in the product when BMW / M-B the main competition offer unlimited mileage over the initial 3 yrs.

& the previous extended warranty when underwritten by Allianz didn't have annual mileage limits & could be transferred to the new owner if you wanted to sell the car privately as per S32B wanting to. (Two backwards steps there!!)

All in all I may be looking to other german makes when it comes time to say bye bye to the A3 if I'm going to be penalised for wanting to actually drive my car more than 15k miles a year. :wtf:

Reactions: Ormesome
Reactions: richinsoton
I took my 5 year extension when I ordered my car , think it was £550 for the extra two years up to 90k miles was a no brainer for me .
One of the better options .