S3 AVUS Alloys?

mazzy

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Im selling my S3 alloys, they're absolutely mint, no dents or kerbed and had new tyre bout 6k earlier. Tyres are in very good condition.

Want around £600 as they are like new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Whats the widest i can go on the back and front with alloys??

Thanx guys

[ QUOTE ]
revdup said:
Whats the widest i can go on the back and front with alloys??

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends upon if you want to completely kill the mediocre handling the S3 has, or not?

It's my view thet the S3 is already over tyred...so I wouldn't go to wider tyres...and if you want the car to drive well, and not tramilne like mad, torque steer or bump steer adversely, I personally wouldn't go any wider than an 8" rim.

I'm sure you an get 10" wide on there if you want the currently fashionable - and in my opinion, immensely silly - Euro look of rim sticking right out past the arches...you can certainly get 9" wide on there under the arches...but the changes in the way the car drives may not be worth the perceived increase in look.

Of course, this is my view...and others will have a completely different opinion!

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
I'm sure you an get 10" wide on there if you want the currently fashionable - and in my opinion, immensely silly - Euro look of rim sticking right out past the arches...you can certainly get 9" wide on there under the arches...but the changes in the way the car drives may not be worth the perceived increase in look.

Of course, this is my view...and others will have a completely different opinion!

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw a Golf V5 with what looked to be some 8" rims on the front and 10"ers on the back, and just thought that car must understeer nicely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif