S3 Big Brakes... options

Dean_T

Reaction score
Website
www.talkaudio.co.uk
So, today I have fitted a set of TD 1.2s along with pilot supersports so the next move is brakes, obviously :yahoo:

What realistically are my options with around £1k to £1.5k (may go a bit more at a push!) to play with?

I know forge do a kit;

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

But I can't find any reviews at all and dont fancy "risking" that kind of money in all honesty.

DaveB obviously is the king but he is difficult to get ahold of (understandably as he has a life lol).

I dont intend to track the car but want something that works better, looks nice and doesnt need to be heated up on a few laps of a track to get working - oh and also weighs less as I have read somewhere that the stock brakes are heavy?

So school me AS.net, what are my options? :beerchug:

Have you thought of looking at KSports? I've got got a set of 356mm 8pot. They look great and great stopping power. Price is excellent aswell. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405202721417436

For your budget,either an RS kit(basically Brembo),or AP Racing,and both using Mintex 1155 pads.

I have a set of vw racing 4pots with 356mm two piece discs that I'm looking to get rid of. Ideally, they could use new rotors. Which is why they're cheap at £500

I have a set of vw racing 4pots with 356mm two piece discs that I'm looking to get rid of. Ideally, they could use new rotors. Which is why they're cheap at £500

My setup is a *******ised VWR kit....using AP rotors,which I've found vastly better than what the VWR's came with,so if someone buys yours,thats a good option.

My setup is a *******ised VWR kit....using AP rotors,which I've found vastly better than what the VWR's came with,so if someone buys yours,thats a good option.

If the car they were going on, wasn't crashed into a field, that's exactly what was going to happen :thumbsup:

Reactions: S3Alex
What's the damage on the k sport kit? I personally think for a road car the s3 brakes are alight, certainly superior to my previous e46 M3 standard brakes.

What's the damage on the k sport kit? I personally think for a road car the s3 brakes are alight, certainly superior to my previous e46 M3 standard brakes.

On the road they are more than capable especially with some good pads. For track use they are useless after a couple of laps on a warm day.

Well, not long after I made this thread I contacted AKS and Statller for some kit recommendations and prices.

AKS got back to me pretty quickly with a kit based on Aston Martin calipers, fired an email back for concrete prices to supply and fit - no reply.

Statllers seemed pretty good from the offset but after a month of emails to and fro (about 7 all in) I'm struggling again to tie them down to recommend me a kit and get a price to me - I just keep getting the "I will get back to you" line.

It isnt my budget that's in question as I have upped that from £2k from the original £1.5k.

I really cannot believe there are companies out there that just do not want to price up work.

Feeling really frustrated with it all at the moment, the reason I wanted to go to these guys was so I could chat about the stage 3 kits they do (Nortech IIRC), also wanted to go to Statller as I wanted to see if they could put a GIAC dsg map on as I think the Revo one is limiting torque.

Any suggestions - I'm thinking source the brakes myself (TTRS discs, AP two piece discs, unsure what pads?) then go to R Tech for a custom engine and dsg map...?

What you guys reckon, any other thoughts?

Source the calipers yourself plenty of them about and good prices and like you say hard to get hold of certain people. If you like I can speak to DaveB on your behalf?

With regards to maps once my clutch has been replaced in taking mine to r-tech for a stage2+/3.

I can supply new TTRS discs and have access to 2 sets of TTRS calipers if your interested. These are 370mm discs and brand new. Im also a dealer for K-Sport and D2 if you want some prices.

I was seriously considering the AP kit but in the end I've decided just to bite the bullet and pay the high price to change the discs and pads and keep the mov'it kit

Reactions: S3Alex
I was seriously considering the AP kit but in the end I've decided just to bite the bullet and pay the high price to change the discs and pads and keep the mov'it kit

I think honestly,considering the kit you have in the first place,that you've made the right choice.

Ive just had the 350mm AP kit fitted and can vouch they are excellent. 4 pots from Reyland Motorsport, for £1200. Bargain!

Yeah for that price the AP's seem worth the extra over the PB/Ksport/Forge kits

I can supply new TTRS discs and have access to 2 sets of TTRS calipers if your interested. These are 370mm discs and brand new. Im also a dealer for K-Sport and D2 if you want some prices.

Do the TTRS calipers and discs fit behind the stock S3 18" alloys?

Hi guys.
How can you get away with 11mm spacers?
I have just been test instead a RS3 brake kit using the RS3 bearing which has a 10mm spacer built in my wheels now clears the disc and caliper with 1mm to spare. The problem is now that the wheel is too far out of the wing/fender.
Check out my thread for info
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs3-widen-front-track-suspension.263040/

Trying to revive this thread, can any of you pst their (big) brakes upgrade

Thanks
Eric

With TTRS Calipers, TTRS stock discs and on 8P2 stock wheels you need a 12mm spacer. With Vagbremtechnic carriers and AP racing discs you could probably get away with an 8mm spacer.

What would you recommend on an S3 8V 2017, FaceLift ?