S3 Black Edition - Insurance quotes?

RicoS3

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Trying to get quotes for my new S3 Black Edition. I intend to modify it with lowering springs (25mm) and 19" alloys only. My current insurer Swiftcover won't insure the car with the modifications.

Only insurer I can find so far is Adrian Flux. Go compare either can't find the model, websites down or won't insure because of the modifications.

Anyone out there lined up their insurance or have already insured their S3 with modifications? If so, please let me know as I need to get insured!! Would be good to know excess as well as really only want compulsory of £250 max with no voluntary.

Help please.

Last edited:
im insured with admiral and they will insure a modded car even if your under 25. I think elephant who are the sister company will do the same.

Cheers gents. Si, ignore my PM on eastside, you've answered the same question. I'll give admiral and elephant a go, see if they any better. The flux was £426 for the year, but excess £350 which I'd like to be lower ideally.

thats not bad actually im £382 at the moment with swift but need to change to a modified car policy. I need to get cheapest as possible as i have the S3 the mk2 and the bike to insure.

Admiral's not far off to be fair, plus I can reduce the excess. £250 excess, £421.25 for the year with mods. Swift was more without mods!!

you sure? on the site there are many mod options to tick including remaps?
you git, my insurance on the A3s well over a 1 grand! but im only 23 and live in a city centre...

Mine's low as I'm an old man and it's parked in the sticks in a garage. It's better than I was expecting, so taking it on I think. Thanks for the input though folks.

Ive just got a quote for an A3 black edition:

Me and the Mrs 'im 27 shes 30'

£406 With LV

Last edited:
you git, my insurance on the A3s well over a 1 grand! but im only 23 and live in a city centre...

Pretty sure, I was on the phone to admiral for a quote on my S3, albeit an 8L as opposed to an 8P, and once I mentioned the word remap, the guy said they can't insure it!? He could do suspension and wheels, but not power hikes...

Try being 20, with 1 claim and 6 points, living in Greater London

:|:|:|

£1460

Hi all,

Trying to get quotes for my new S3 Black Edition. I intend to modify it with lowering springs (25mm) and 19" alloys only. My current insurer Swiftcover won't insure the car with the modifications.

Only insurer I can find so far is Adrian Flux. Go compare either can't find the model, websites down or won't insure because of the modifications.

Anyone out there lined up their insurance or have already insured their S3 with modifications? If so, please let me know as I need to get insured!! Would be good to know excess as well as really only want compulsory of £250 max with no voluntary.

Help please.

Hi Rich,

I'm with Adrian Flux and they had Black Edition listed too. I have my 19" CH's listed as a mod too and just compulsory excess of £250. Royal Sun Alliance IIRC.

Just done mine with Adrian flux .....declared itg intake and GIAC remap (which they will replace like for like) should anything go wrong,excess is £250,premium £720.
I'm 29 with 3 points traffic offence.

If you are thinking about a remap (and you should be:icon_thumright:) then Greenlight and A Plan are worth a call.

Good luck

Paul

Thanks Paul, hadn't thought about them. Might take a look tomorrow if I have the stamina!

Gar, 2.7k! World of pain. Dd-40 can't help mind. Wish I could've had the opportunity of a S3 at 20!

You're leaving it late buddy with a pick up on Monday, or have you opted for 7 day free Audi insurance cover?.

BTW: My premium was £405 with protected no claims and personal protection cover ( RSA )

Carl, Audi have all my details for the reg transfer, so no worries there. I'll get something in place tomorrow afternoon to start on Monday so no probs.

Last edited:
I got £106 refund after swapping over from the Exige with 3 months to run on the policy (Admiral). Result! :icon_thumright:

Lucky boy. I had to "pay out" my swift cover when I closed it, f@ckin' cheek. Wife had a miss-hap with a boulder last year, and since she's a named driver it's pushed the premium up a bit. Admiral seems the one though. New S3, new start.

Well I cant get insured on a new Audi TT for less than £3800, when Im nearly 20 (next March)! :(

i just did my bike insurance with Adrian flux and they gave me discount if i want to take out car insurance with them. Been quoted £499 with mods declared and my points

What are you ? Dead ? Is that fully comp ?

:hi:If I'm being brutaly honest the Go Compare quote came in at £369 on Elephant. I'm 37 and the car will be kept in driveway. The missus is a named driver and the insurance covers my 7month son...no not for driving, just liability claims if every needed. The missus is also is also insured with Elephant for he car so I decided to call them to see if there was any further disocunt. They then offered me the dual policy under ther sister company Admira at £340. All the same values and conditions apply to each policy. Got a £150 compulsory and £100 voluntary excess on the S3.

Mods such as re-map, zorst and CAI all seem reasonable - recon £100 for all.