S3 black edition - Navarra blue or mythos black?

Pduck

Reaction score
ive just ordered an S3 black edition in Navarra blue but am unsure how it will look with the black styling pack. I know it will look great in metallic black but my last 2 cars were black Gti/Gtd's and I wanted a change. Saw the navarra in a showroom and its a lovely colour but fairly dark so not convinced how it will contrast with the black.
Still time to change my order... so any suggestions?.....

Reactions: Col Simpson and Audi Bairn
I've recently taken delivery of my Navarra S3 Saloon and much prefer it with the chrome grille / trim to break it up a bit. I think black / black would look better personally if you're going for the BE. I've had black editions on the A4, A5, S5 and TT (x2) and they've all been black (Phantom or Brilliant) or white (Ibis) and suited the BE IMHO.
Personal choice though, it's you who'll be driving it, not us :relaxed:

Reactions: Col Simpson, lledwoc and Richierich37
Floret would be my choice for BE. As said above Navarra really needs the chrome accents to give the car some contrast, and unless you want to look like a drug dealer, the same is true for Mythos Black.

Reactions: Scottyg and zippster
I've got a new Navarra blue and imo it needs the chrome/silverware! BE not for me in blue I'm afraid! :(

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I'd choose Navarra with the BE, but black BE does look cool. I'm not a fan of chrome.

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg, Pduck and 3 others
I really like the look of the Navarra with chrome but am definitely having doubts with the BE as I've been unable to see one.
However I'm loving those pictures of the black BE, especially with the upgrade alloys. Decision is most probably made however I think it will have to be brilliant black over metallic due to the £675 + vat cost

Reactions: TDI-line, Richierich37 and Audi Bairn
Yep, struggling to find a BE Navarro blue pic, this may give you some idea, Estroil blue A4 BE...

7316804289.jpg

media

media

Here's a couple for comparison, maybe another Estroil PFL top, and Navarro FL bottom.

Personally colour to me, is the most important thing on any vehicle, and is not forever, only a few years.

It's the first thing anyone will notice and comment on, the 2 free options are ok, Brilliant black and Ibis white.

But the metallics, pearls, crystals all come into there own, in different lights and weather conditions, i have never choosen a flat colour.

Vegas Yellow, is nice, but frankly anyone choosing this is in the UK is getting robbed of £550.00 for a flat (should be Free) colour. In Germany, this option is 1/2 the price of all other colours, go figure.

Anyway, i digress.

Good luck. ;)

Reactions: pburv and Audi Bairn
I recently got a Navarra Blue and think it's a brilliant colour. I'm not sure how it would look with black styling though as the chrome/silver sets it off nicely.

Reactions: pburv, TDI-line, Richierich37 and 1 other person
Daytona-BE... that is all

Reactions: Baldyone, QTNC and Mark_86
Panther Black....NO brainer, best black crystal paint on the Planet Audi

Reactions: pburv and TDI-line
I think it will look awesome. Go for it.

Sepang BE looks fantastic, as does Moonlight Blue. I wouldn't be worried about contrast, I actually think the darker colours with BE look better (with the exception of black). than lighter And now the S mirrors are black the whole BE looks far improved.

Not convinced of Navarra with chrome as the mirrors/grill don't match up, or with the rims. You basically have 2 shades of chrome/silver and a 3rd colour for the car. Two colours with 4 chrome exhausts is all you want.

Its personal though.

Reactions: pburv, Pduck and Jassyo06
I think it will look awesome. Go for it.

Sepang BE looks fantastic, as does Moonlight Blue. I wouldn't be worried about contrast, I actually think the darker colours with BE look better (with the exception of black). than lighter And now the S mirrors are black the whole BE looks far improved.

Not convinced of Navarra with chrome as the mirrors/grill don't match up, or with the rims. You basically have 2 shades of chrome/silver and a 3rd colour for the car. Two colours with 4 chrome exhausts is all you want.

Its personal though.

The only car to have a matching Alu grille surround that matches the Alu mirrors is a RS3...and it also has matt Alu Window Surrounds,the S3 has chrome surrounds just like its chrome surround on the front grille...so yer being a tad anal....lol

Reactions: pburv and Audi Bairn
I'd second a Floret BE. That would look the dugs dangly bits!

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Thanks all
Probably going to stick with the Navarra BE as I love the colour and almost every other Audi on the road seems to be black.( even though I know black BE will be awesome)
Agreed that sepang looks great with BE so I'll give it a go and hope for the best.

Reactions: pburv, QTNC, TDI-line and 1 other person
Then again tomorrow I may change my mind to black again..,......

Reactions: pburv
Do you get the black mirror housings with the new S3 BE? If so I cant see it looking anything but stunning... If not, get them wrapped ;)

Do you get the black mirror housings with the new S3 BE? If so I cant see it looking anything but stunning... If not, get them wrapped ;)
Yes you do..,stunning in blue or black?

Actually you can't they have to stay black

floret black edition ...... does look $hi7 hot :yes:

Reactions: Jassyo06, davemk, Scottyg and 3 others
@TDI-line - The devil is in the Details my friend ;) :D

Just been reading your spec in your signature
Very nice :thumbs up:

Thanks BH, actually getting quite excited now, this time next week i'll be a nightmare!

Anyway, this picture may help for all the Floret lovers, well the front end anyway for me.

$_20.jpg
$_20.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg, BarryG79 and 3 others
Thanks BH, actually getting quite excited now, this time next week i'll be a nightmare!

Anyway, this picture may help for all the Floret lovers, well the front end anyway for me.

$_20.jpg
$_20.jpg

Omg .... that looks ace !!!!

You're gonna love floret my friend .... dark smokey mercury like tone .... its fantastic !!

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg and TDI-line

$_20.jpg
$_20.jpg

Now that does look the business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and TDI-line
Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
Sorry, not a fan of the Navarra with the BSP/BE. This, however is much nicer.
IMG 1257

Reactions: TDI-line, pburv, MattSedg and 2 others
View attachment 114284
Stunning in Floret Silver... Navarra Blue is too dark a colour and gives no real impact/contrast with the black Optic trim just my opinion of course lol

Reactions: TDI-line, pburv, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
View attachment 114284

Looks good I agree, though I find Silver a bit dull personally, its all subjective.

I posted this as Pduck was looking for an image, which I found...

What does anyone think of this, finally found a Manhattan with BE, not on an S but you get the picture..

Dd ar4001 2

Last edited:
Reactions: TDI-line and pburv
Stunning in Floret Silver... Navarra Blue is too dark a colour and gives no real impact/contrast with the black Optic trim just my opinion of course lol

Its all personal indeed. I dont mind BE on any colour, its a styling detail for me, not about contrast. I think it looks great on greys and dark blues. Also looks awesome on white!

Reactions: pburv

Seeing the F1 safety car in silver with contrasting black trim is what first got me interested in this colour combination ... & the rest is history :)

I do like the navarra blue car above though, that does look really good, as does the floret.

Not sure about the grey car, it looks a bit dull in comparison.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, TDI-line, pburv and 2 others

$_20.jpg
$_20.jpg

l don't like that combination especially with them wheels...lol bad photo to be honest....that looks like Arrow Grey====lighter shade of Nerdo

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, TDI-line and pburv

$_20.jpg
$_20.jpg

Mmmmmmm. But with a hatch.
IMG 1250

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, TDI-line, pburv and 1 other person
Its all personal indeed. I dont mind BE on any colour, its a styling detail for me, not about contrast. I think it looks great on greys and dark blues. Also looks awesome on white!

Both chrome and the black optics are of course all about contrast.....against the paint colour....I personally don't like the chrome for my own car, but l can see why others do....subjective l know,l prefer Matt Aluminium over both
A first demo ttrs
Audi rs3 sedan livepics paris 9
as it looks uber classy and expensive and sporty all in one go....but Navarra blue....is all about Chrome.....

A nice navarra

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, Snake Pliskin, TDI-line and 2 others
Good comparison @jassyo06 that Matt Aluminium looks the dugs nuts!

And **** getting stone chips on that...lol....test drive of the TTRS....tomorrow mate, cant wait.....hope the weather calms down though

Reactions: samo26, Audi Bairn, Snake Pliskin and 4 others