S3 black or chrome dilema

Disco Dal

Reaction score
Hi folks, new to the forum after not owning an Audi for 12 years and just about to order an new S3.

I am pretty fixed on my spec;

S3 Stronic Sportback
Sepang Blue
Comfort Pack with parking Plus
Red Calipers
Audi 10 speaker upgrade
SD Sat Nav
Folding Mirrors
Black inlays
Super sports seats
Interior light kit

I just really cant decide whether to opt for the black styling kit or stick with the chrome. I know its down to personal choice but I really cant choose. What is the general feeling towards the black styling pack?

I've got the black kit on my sepang and absolutely love it. Go for it :)

Reactions: s31jay
hold up.......

I had the exact same problem, have gone with Sepang but chrome or black pack. Weeks of decisions back and forth and decided with chrome - I think it just has that classier look than the black, which does look mean btw.

The black pack is good - I have a black pack with my wifes Z4, does look good on a white car. So if you where getting glacier white - then yes black pack for sure (just to confuse you more)

Nice spec, very similar to mine. If you take a look at all the pics then decide, I was even asking family members - that's how torn I was, so you are not alone. I plan to keep for a good few years - so had to be right decision and I am hopefully getting the car next week :)

Si

Yes to chrome :thumbs up:

No to BSP

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

Reactions: Dazzeroo and mcnallys
I think the blackpack with Glacier White is great. But on the Sepang I would go with chrome.

Reactions: Dazzeroo and glospete
Chrome and then add roof-rails too and it'll look fab.
Too many "Black edition" audis on the road already is another excuse to stick with chrome.

...and out of principle why should you pay to have less bit's on your car

Yes to chrome :thumbs up:

No to BSP

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

I have to admit that does look pretty stunning in chrome. I suppose saving an extra 400 quid is a bonus as well. I think that may have swung it to be honest. Going to have a chat with the dealer now and potentially place my order on Saturday. Got a cracking deal through Carwow.

Reactions: Dazzeroo
If Carwow was good, try carfile too.. he can be another % cheaper.

This is a very personal choice. It's something you have to make up your mind on. But it was great idea to ask for comments though.

Me I have that funny blur colour and felt that the chrome really sets of the car withy the darker colours, great pick for the red callipers too.
DSC 0179small

^ Oh I do like, especially in that sepango bleu ;) :D

Reactions: mcnallys
I've just picked sepang and bsp.

Me no like chrome!!!!

Reactions: alijnclarke
Happily got black pack, then Bristle was posting -.-....had to fight with the dealer and ring Audi UK to get it removed.

Don't regret the decision.

Down to personal choice. I don't like BP as it's too "gangsta" for me.

I have Estoril with black pack, but it was a close decision. I think the blues can really go either way, unlike some colours.

@Flibble we missed a trick, photographing the 2 cars side by side to show Chrome & Black.

Still want your mirrors doing?

I have Estoril with black pack, but it was a close decision. I think the blues can really go either way, unlike some colours.

Someone else with Estoril S3 and black pack....I was getting lonely...lol

Thanks for the help everyone, have spent the last 48 hours debating intensely and decided to go with chrome and spend the extra on an S3 number plate. Will be ordering this weekend.

You could go for Glacier and the black pack. They go very well together

Reactions: Blackwhite
I would have the black pack on every colour except sepang, that's the only colour I think chrome looks better on.

Reactions: S4piper, Dazzeroo, elpaulio and 2 others
@Flibble we missed a trick, photographing the 2 cars side by side to show Chrome & Black.

Still want your mirrors doing?
We did! Though getting mine clean enough for photos at this time of year is difficult!

Wouldn't say no to the mirrors either. :)

Reactions: veeeight
VehicleImage.axd

Black for days.... Turns it into a mean machine :mad new:

Reactions: Radman and Dazzeroo
Much as I don't personally like Sepang, with the 'chrome' mirror covers, the chrome is a better option to my mind...

(...said he with a Daytona S3 with car soloured mirror caps and black pack ;) )